PDA

View Full Version : TS blade sharpening

Steve Hayes
06-21-2013, 1:07 PM
I have a couple of Forrest and Freud blades that I need to have sharpened and was wondering if anyone knew of a good place in the DFW area to have that done?

Thanks
Steve

alex grams
06-21-2013, 3:04 PM
I just used www.longhornsaw.com to sharpen a few tablesaw blades and was happy with their price and quality. It looks like a Ma & Pa place with 2-3 other guys working for them, but they had a lot of bigger blades for big customers they work on too, which gave me a little more confidence in using them the first time.

Other than that, call the local woodcraft or rockler and ask them. The woodcraft in Houston I used to use had drop-off and pick-up with a local sharpener every week so you could just drop your tools off at the store and pick them up the next week.

Roy Turbett
06-21-2013, 6:08 PM
I send my blades back to Forrest to have them resharpened.

Paul A. Clark
06-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Steve, I just got some router bits back from Woodcraft here in Austin. All TX Woodcrafts use Cooks in San Marcos. Done here its a week turn around. My bits came back better then new and not expensive.

Jim O'Dell
06-21-2013, 10:56 PM
I sent a blade to Cooks maybe 1 1/2 years ago or so. They have a coupon on their site for the first one free. I sent a Systimatic 60 tooth laminate blade. Came back perfect! I won't hesitate to send another blade to them. If you have several blades, use the USPS one rate boxes, separate blades with 1/4" foam or Styrofoam. You can ship quite a few blades for a cheap price. Jim.

Kent A Bathurst
06-22-2013, 12:34 PM
I send my blades back to Forrest to have them resharpened.

Me too. Price likely a bit higher than other sources, but I've always found the quality of their service to be top-notch.

Steve Hayes
06-23-2013, 9:39 PM
Thanks everyone!

Tom Walz
06-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Another plus for Cook's.