PDA

View Full Version : Oneida motor wiring help needed

Jim McCarty
05-20-2005, 11:18 PM
:confused: I put this message on another thread but maybe should have started a new thread for it. I just got my Gorilla and am ready to mount it but can't figure out the wiring. I build houses and don't really understand the motor schematic. If anyone has hooked up one of the lately (and I think quite a few have by the interest shown) could you let me know what needs to be connected to what. I'm not going to use the magnetic switch since I have a remote already. Thanks to all. Jim

mike malone
05-21-2005, 12:47 AM
:confused: I put this message on another thread but maybe should have started a new thread for it. I just got my Gorilla and am ready to mount it but can't figure out the wiring. I build houses and don't really understand the motor schematic. If anyone has hooked up one of the lately (and I think quite a few have by the interest shown) could you let me know what needs to be connected to what. I'm not going to use the magnetic switch since I have a remote already. Thanks to all. Jim

hi jim
see attached photo

run your BK/WH/GR/ power wire to the motor box

1/8/BK get connected together
4/WH get connected together
run a separate GR (ground from the nut in the motor box to the GR power wire)

this will run to your mag switch or whatever you are using to switch on power. (if using oneida's mag sw, run a separate #16 wire from L2 down to T3 for 220v single phase operation. set the overload dial to 13amps
(check for proper cc rotation of motor)
lemme know if this helps
mike

Jim McCarty
05-21-2005, 1:44 AM
Great picture and details, Mike. I'll hopefully have time to work on this tomorrow.I may have a few more questions then. I'll be in touch if I do. Thanks, Jim

Derek Arita
05-24-2005, 7:33 PM
Mike, thanks for the reply. I have other quesitons. 1 and 8 go to Blk, 4 goes to Wht, a ground from the box goes to Grn. I got that much. What happens to wires 2,3,5 and J???
I'm a dummy when it comes to wiring, but I have wired up all of my other machines by following the instructions. I'm afraid Oneida has not done a very good job in the wiring instructions dept. Maybe they figure, anyone buying this level of DC, should know basic wiring.
Anyhow, thanks for the help!

Jim McCarty
05-24-2005, 8:56 PM
Derek, I wired mine up this weekend just as Mike shows in his very clear picture. 2,3 and 5 get twisted together with a wire nut, and J just gets a wire nut on it and not twisted together with anything. Once you do this, this diagram in the manual will make perfect sense. Mikes instructions also make it very clear. Jim