PDA

View Full Version : Question on RDCam 6

Ken Smith Jr
06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Okay, I hope I'm explaining this correctly, I apologize if I don't or the terminology isn't right. Using this software is there a setting that I could change to make the lines of where the laser engraves closer together? (Like if you engrave with a 1.5 lens can I engrave something close to that by changing a parameter using a 2" lens?) I'm trying to help out on a job from one of my local competitor, I think he is using a ULS CO2 machine and they have a function called "Tuning", would there be something like that with this software that is changeable? Thank you!!

Rodne Gold
06-20-2013, 12:55 PM
There is a setting called called interval , it shows in the dialog box when you click on the item being scanned (engraved) in the right hand pane where it says work/output etc
IT normally defaults to 0.1mm - which is actually 254 DPI ..set it smaller than that and the lines engraved will be closer together
Tuning is normally something else
it will align lines looking like this
------
....------
------
.....-----
(dots are there so you can see what I mean)

To this
-------
-------
-------
-------

It requires experimentation to get this right , but it will give you sharper edges in the vertical plane when you engrave fine detail or small letters
It uses a dialog box in the Config/system/general menu and is called scanning(reverse interval)

It changes as speed increases , you need to engrave a solid black thinnish vertical line and use a big interval (like 0.5 or so) and then adjust the setting so your lines you engrave look like the 2nd example I have shown...
There are some other posts on this .. search for something like backlash compensation...

Ken Smith Jr
06-20-2013, 1:34 PM
Ah, okay, I see I will have to mess with that. Thank you Rodney, quickly could you tell me what the "Overstriking" drop box function is for? What if anything does that do choosing from the 3 selections it offers?

Rodne Gold
06-20-2013, 3:15 PM
I'm not sure about that , never use it..give it try...

Ken Smith Jr
06-21-2013, 6:32 AM
Haha.....guinea piggy me, no problem just thought I'd throw that one out and see if it "did" anything, thank you for all your help!!