PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Ceramicore Iradion laser tube

bryan henderson
06-19-2013, 9:44 AM
Has anyone had one of these tubes either installed into your machine or purchased a new Trotec Laser machine with this in it? Any good or bad feedback on these?

Mike Null
06-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I understand all new machines have this cartridge. Keith's 80 watt has it as well.

Keith Outten
06-19-2013, 3:37 PM
My Speedy 300 eighty watt laser came with the new Ceramic tube. I doubt anyone can tell the difference in the new tube over the old style in operation but I expect the payback to come over time as the ceramic tube is supposed to last longer. Based on the video I watched on the Trotec web site the ceramic tube is supposed to eliminate gas contamination and reduce the loss of gas over time if I understand what I read.

My Speedy 300 is about 18 months old, so far it has exceeded my expectations every time I start it up :)

Art Anderson
06-20-2013, 1:14 AM
I can tell you that the ceramicore isn't a retrofit option into older machines. When I inquired about the ability to do so since I needed to have my tube reworked, Trotec wanted me to consider a trade-in. Not an option for me at the time.

Art Anderson

Jiten Patel
06-20-2013, 5:21 AM
Agree with everyone here...I think it's more of a long term gain rather than an immediate "wow this tube is the greatest thing since sliced bread" type affair. Time will tell how these perform....but on paper they sound good.