PDA

View Full Version : LN supplie

GORDON THOMAS
05-20-2005, 10:20 PM
I wondered if anyone could suggest a dealer of LN hand planes and chisels other than the manufacturer?

cheers,

Gordon Thomas

Ken Garlock
05-20-2005, 10:29 PM
Hello Gordon, and welcome to the creek. Do stop by and wade often, it is a fine group of people that frequent SMC.

I have bought a couple LN planes from The Fine Tool Journal (http://www.finetoolj.com/LN/). They are located in Maine and a couple times a year will have a "sale" on LN planes.

Once again, welcome and visit frequently :)

John Miliunas
05-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Yes, what Ken said, as well as The Best Things and, believe it or not, Woodcraft has a special every now and again, particularly on a couple of the block planes.:) :cool:

Tim Sproul
05-20-2005, 11:29 PM
If you were in San Francisco bay area, especially the east bay....I'd let you know that the Dublin Woodcraft is having a "bag" sale tomorrow (Sat.) and so Lie Nielsen stuff is 15% off.

Dan Forman
05-21-2005, 3:24 AM
Fine Too Journal also has free shipping on LN planes!

Dan

James Mittlefehldt
05-21-2005, 5:41 AM
Hi Gordon and welcome to the thread, stick around it is a fine bunch here. In Canada, unless it has changed just recently Rob Cosman, not sure of the spelling is the authorized dealer and I think there is a link to him under LN's site somewhere. He is from New Brunswick but is at virtually every woodshow in Canada showing off planes and cutting dovetails. You could Email him and see if any stores in Canada do carry the LN line.

Aside from that I don't think that any other store in Canada carries their stuff, though of course there are the fine folks from Ottawa who do as it happens have a store in Calgary.

Peter Mc Mahon
05-21-2005, 8:05 AM
Hello James. I think that Rosewood studio's has started carrying LN planes. They are in Almonte, near Ottawa, check them out. Peter

James Mittlefehldt
05-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Hi Peter and welcome to the site, take your shoes off sit back and enjoy there is a world of information and a lot of truly nice people to speak to.

Bob Weisner
05-22-2005, 12:11 AM
Not a dealer but there are alot of those planes being listed on Ebay.

Don Boys
05-23-2005, 4:45 PM
Rob Cosman handles LN in Canada. His web site is www.robcosman.com

Don Boys

Michael Perata
05-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Tim left out the best place in the SF Bay "east bay" - the Japan Woodworker. Not great prices, but a great place to spend your tool browsing time.

Ellen Benkin
05-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Woodcraft has them in their stores. They may have sales sometimes.