PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Eddie Castaneda
06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
My name is Eddie and I'm new to the world of Laser Engraving I've been doing this for about a month now. I work for a machine shop in AZ I run a Trotec Speedy 300 flexx. But the purpose of this I have the Rotary that Trotec sells, I have any issue where it spins in the opposite direction when pushing the up or down button and also it enlarges all Text when burning. Any advance would be greatly appreciated!

Mike Null
06-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Eddie

Welcome to SMC. Have you attempted to contact Trotec support?

Eddie Castaneda
06-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks Mike! I have they said It might be a quick fix or they might need to replace it. But I thought their might be someone who's had this problem and maybe a solution to this problem.

Eddie Castaneda
06-18-2013, 12:05 PM
They Solved the Problem I have to replace a board on the Rotary

Mike Null
06-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Glad it's solved. That was a new one for me.

Art Anderson
06-20-2013, 1:04 AM
Welcome! Just for future reference, don't hot-patch the rotary with the laser powered up. Plugging or unplugging the rotary into the unit when it is powered up could cause you blow a board in the rotary. Been there, done that. My wallet still hurts......

Art Anderson

Eddie Castaneda
06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Thank Art! Nope I do everything like I was told todo it. It worked fine and then it just quit on me. I was told the firmware was different hence why the issue