PDA

View Full Version : Woodpecker 18" Precsion Triangle Campaign...

Derek Arita
06-16-2013, 10:46 AM
I want one of these 18" Precision Triangles and wood love to see them in production again. Please join me in a campaign to convince Woodpeckers to make another run. The 18" and larger precision triangles and squares make great set up and marking tools. If you've ever owned and Woodpeckers tool, you'll know just how accurate and well made they are. Thanks for joining in and emailing Woodpeckers or the owner himself and urge them to make a run of the 18" or larger precision triangles and squares...
richardhummel@woodpeck.com

Tom Walz
06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Sounds good to me.

Woodpeckers is moving into a new, much larger building this summer.

Their popularity has outgrown their current capacity.

They are planning on making some of the more popular "one time tools" into regular items.

It will be a while. Moving a business is not easy or simple especially if you are moving precison machinery.

Tom Walz
Carbide Processors

Tom Walz
06-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Just got this message

"Richard Hummel
9:00 AM (17minutes ago)
to me, justink

Tom,

You win.

Richard Hummel
Woodpeckers Inc
richardhummel@woodpeck.com"

Besides being a genius engineer, Mr. Hummel is a really nice guy. Very, very concerned about taking care of customers.

He bought a larger building, has bought and will continue to buy new equipment and is adding staff. If you have ever done this you know it takes time to do it properly.

Tom

eugene thomas
06-17-2013, 4:31 PM
well hope ya get it but sure sucks that when they make run have to wait. i bought their april run of tool. not get till end of july.. every time do mortis and tennons am like wish had that gap gauge for this.

Paul McGaha
06-17-2013, 5:08 PM
Several of those 1 time tools were really nice.

It would be good to have them available.

PHM

Tom Walz
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
Woodpeckers is listening.

As a guy who sells and uses them i agree completely.

Right now Woodpeckers is crammed into several separate buildings. This summer they move into a single, much larger building. They are defintily going to add some one-time tools to the permanent list.

Tom Walz

carbide Processors

Keith Pitman
07-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Looks like they are making a run of these squares again: http://www.woodpeck.com/carpentertriangles.html

Peter Kuhlman
07-03-2013, 9:04 AM
For anyone who has not purchased from Carbide Processors, they have been fantastic for me to deal with. I have used them for Incra stuff a couple times now and they had the best shipped price of anyone and extremely quick shipping.

Wish I had seen this email sooner as I preordered directly with Woodpeckers and have to pay shipping.

I have the 18" triangle and use it all the time - every project and any time I need to check square on my MFT/3. Easily my most used hand tool.
Ordered the 12" version as can see times when that would be a better fit inside boxes and such.

Peter Kuhlman
07-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Well the free shipping is cancelled. Got an email from Carbide Processors and they got slapped for offering free shipping. Partial text below.
---------------

We have just been informed by Woodpecker that we will not be allowed to sell the latest Woodpecker's One Time Tool- The Carpenter Triangle because we offered Free Shipping on this item.

We try to offer the best deals and service we can, but are sometimes restricted by the manufacture on doing this.

Woodpecker's has a policy that we were not aware of at the time we sent our latest newsletter that restricts us from allowing free shipping or discounts on the One Time Tools Promotional items.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom Walz
07-03-2013, 1:57 PM
Dear Mr. KUhlman:

Thank you for the kind remarks.

Specifically we were corrected for "Advertising free shipping on a one time tool".

We have free shipping on orders of $150 or more on all products in our store (except Huot chests, continental US only) but we cannot advertise it specifically in connection with a one time tool.

We also have a 10% discount for Creekers (enter Creekers as a coupon code).

We can do this with whatever we sell. We just cannot advertise it in connection with one time tools.

See why we got confused?.

You can also call and talk to one of the really nice ladies (8 - 4 West coast, 8 - 3 Fridays) 800 346-8274.

Tom Walz

Michael Fross
08-29-2013, 8:52 PM
Thanks Tom. I was planning on ordering a square as I could use a good one. I'll order it from Carbide Processors. Appreciate the discount!

Michael

John Schweikert
08-29-2013, 9:39 PM
This one time tool order window is over by a month.