PDA

View Full Version : Another "which one" dado question...

Todd Davidson
05-20-2005, 2:05 PM
I need to make a bar rail tomorrow for Rock Cats Stadium and my dado blade is buried somewhere in the pile of stuff from my shop so I'm going to pick one up in the morning at the Borg. They carry two by Freud - An 8" Stack Black one and a 8" Stack Diablo Red one (both are $94 each). Anybody know which is a better set? Will be using it for dadoes in plywood and PVC board. Thanks!

Tim Morton
05-20-2005, 2:17 PM
I believe they are identical....(well except for the color:D)

Rich Konopka
05-20-2005, 7:58 PM
Go Rock Cats !!! If you have time and have not been there you should visit coastal tools since your in their neighborhood. Send me a PM and I can send you directions.

David Fried
05-20-2005, 8:22 PM
Go Rock Cats !!! If you have time and have not been there you should visit coastal tools since your in their neighborhood. Send me a PM and I can send you directions.

Ooo .. I've taken the boys to see the Norwich Navigators, but I didn't know about the Rock Cats. Thanks for the tip!!!

Todd Davidson
05-20-2005, 9:14 PM
Hi Rich~

I am familiar with coastal tools - it's my favorite toy store and I frequent there when I am in West Hartford (do miss the Woodworker's Warehouse though). Given that I'm constructing most of the bar/drink rail here in Bakerville (about an hour from W. Hartford) going there isn't feasible whereas the HD in Torrington is. Will be installing on Sunday (weather permitting). Did accidently discover a Tractor Supply Company store today in the bustling metroplis of Winsted when Kim and I went to see the new Star Wars flick (excellent!!) this afternoon. Had a few minuites beore showtime to check it out (Jim Becker had mentioned it as a good place to purchase an IR compressor and am now adding it to the top of my "must have" list as soon as our shop is fully functional again). Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Hi Dave~

I believe the Rock Cats are the farm team for the Twins. Their stadium is in Kensington I think (right off of Rte 9 - just south of New Britain).

Todd Davidson
05-20-2005, 9:23 PM
Hi Tim~

Will have to look more closely tomorrow. Kinda thought there was some difference though. did notice the Black one (wish I had written down the model # instead of telling myself that I'd just remember it and of course not) stated "Made In Italy" and didn't see a point of origin on the Diablo. I imagine either will suffice.

Rich Konopka
05-21-2005, 10:29 AM
Hi Rich~

I am familiar with coastal tools - it's my favorite toy store and I frequent there when I am in West Hartford (do miss the Woodworker's Warehouse though). Given that I'm constructing most of the bar/drink rail here in Bakerville (about an hour from W. Hartford) going there isn't feasible whereas the HD in Torrington is. Will be installing on Sunday (weather permitting). Did accidently discover a Tractor Supply Company store today in the bustling metroplis of Winsted when Kim and I went to see the new Star Wars flick (excellent!!) this afternoon. Had a few minuites beore showtime to check it out (Jim Becker had mentioned it as a good place to purchase an IR compressor and am now adding it to the top of my "must have" list as soon as our shop is fully functional again). Thanks for taking the time to respond..

I looked up Bakersville and for some reason I thought it was out on the other side of the state. That is a beautiful area of the state. Beautiful old farms and country roads. Thanks for the info on Tractor Supply. I have an IR compressor on my list but it will be a while.

Can't wait to see the pic's of the bar when it's done !!

Bob Winkler
05-22-2005, 7:49 AM
HeyTodd,

I was just in your neck of the woods with my daughter. She's considering an offer to teach at Housatonic Valley Regional High School (Falls Village), and we were looking for possible digs for her in Winsted or Torrington. Beautiful country out there, but not too many apartments or condos. I should have called you.
Bob

Todd Davidson
05-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi Bob~

The next time you're out this way please do call. You might want to check the local free papers for this neck of the woods (Yankee Flyer & Foothills Trader) for apt listings. Will look to see if they're available on line and get the addresses to you, if not I can get you paper copies if you're interested. Still have wood for you & your daughter to check out for turning blanks. Rain canceled the drink rail install today at Rock Cats stadium so I'm framing walls in the basement.

Bob Winkler
05-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the offer on the papers. Once she decides on which school to work at (the options are Wamogo or Houstanic), we will check out local paper listings ourselves.

I still want those blanks. Things have been crazy here and I'm off to Milan on a business trip today. I'll be back Thursday. Maybe we can arrange something for this weekend (May 28,29,30), if your free. If not, let me know when would be best for you.

Thanks again,
Bob