PDA

View Full Version : Lazy susan hardware opinions?

Dave Nanke
06-14-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey Everybody,

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and was planning on refacing an existing corner base cabinet. But as I was taking out the flooring and other cabinets, I decided to just replace everything instead of refacing some cabinets and replacing others. So, I'm looking for opinions on lazy susan hardware. I get most of my hardware from woodworkers hardware, and they have Rev-a-Shelf (value line & premiere) and KV which is similar in price to the Rev-a-shelf premiere. Does anyone have good or bad experience with any of these?

There is also polymer vs wood vs wire - is this just aesthetics, or do any of these function better than the others?

Thanks!
Dave

John A langley
06-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I like the Rev-a-shelf , polymer

Erik Christensen
06-17-2013, 3:04 PM
I just went through that same isse last month when designing my set of kitchen cabinets. Rather than a lazy susan design we chose one of those hardware kits where 2 sets of shelves pull outside the cabinet front. what we liked was that, unlike the lazy susan setup, it only took up space in one wall of cabinets.

Bill White
06-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Can't go wrong with the Rev Polymer LS.
Bill

Kelly Robertson
06-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Agreed on Rev A Shelf. However I'll go contrarian and say I'm a fan of the wire... it really is just an aesthetic opinion, but it makes the cabinet feel more open and accessible to me.

Paul Fellner
06-18-2013, 11:05 AM
I put a Rev A Shelf in during our recent kitchen remodel, and we're well-satisfied with it. If money were no object we might have opted for the fancy wire doodad; however, I've never experienced that problem.