PDA

View Full Version : Garden hose reel cart

Marty Barron
06-14-2013, 5:45 AM
I am looking for a good quality garden hose reel cart. I am tired of paying for the plastic ones that break up and leak. The last one I bought was metal which the paint peeled off after a 1.5 years and then rusted all the way thru the metal a few years later. I am looking for a good quality metal hose reel cart on wheels that will last a long time. Does anyone have a good hose reel cart that has lasted a long time that you would recommend ? The only one I have found so far is from Reelcraft and it retails for 495 locally.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Marty

Matt Meiser
06-14-2013, 8:35 AM
I was looking for a smaller garden hose reel for a project and it pretty much seems to be buy cheap or pay what Reelcraft or Cox Reels wants.

Kevin Bourque
06-14-2013, 8:56 AM
Do you have a farm supply store nearby? All the hose reels I looked at from residential suppliers were fancy looking and wayyyy too expensive. I found one thats just plain metal with a spring loaded ratcheting reel that automatically rewinds. I bolted it on the wall of the barn for easy access. I don't remember who manufactures it, but a decent farm supply store will be able to find one for you.

Brian Elfert
06-14-2013, 9:04 AM
Lee Valley tends to have really good gardening stuff although I would hate to pay the shipping on such an item. Reelcraft and Cox Reels make really good air hose reels so I figure the water hose reels should be good too.

Don Morris
06-14-2013, 10:38 AM
I've had this Rapid Reel for several years and it's worked well. Got it from Northern Tool to the best of my recolection.

Larry Frank
06-14-2013, 9:10 PM
I have an older Rapid Reel and it is great. It was made in the US but the newer ones are made off shore now.

Greg Portland
06-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Another vote for RapidReel.