PDA

View Full Version : Hanging a platter

kevin nee
06-13-2013, 8:22 AM
Hello, Does anyone have a good system to hang a plate or platter on the wall with class.
I am willing to make or buy a nice safe system. I have a couple ideas but a proven system
would be nice. I am thinking of an 18 & 20 inch items. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Dave Fritz
06-13-2013, 9:01 AM
If there's enough material http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2139

Dave F.

kevin nee
06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
I am looking for a way to display them at a gallery.

Jim Underwood
06-13-2013, 3:00 PM
Turn them with a dovetail recess in the back and make some kind of twist lock fitting?

Pat Scott
06-14-2013, 8:26 AM
Google "platter hangers" and I think you'll find what you're looking for.

Thom Sturgill
06-14-2013, 9:14 AM
Turn them with a dovetail recess in the back and make some kind of twist lock fitting?

Use the same principle as a 'french cleat' used for mounting cabinets. Turn a dovetail recess in the plate/platter. Turn a matching piece and saw it in half (actually slightly less than half) and mount that on the wall with the saw cut parallel to the floor. The platter should hang from that. Alternately, look for the 'Z-Clip' style hangers.

these are available from Rockler and others, but would require the use of screws to mount.

Richard Madden
06-14-2013, 10:43 AM
I know my wife has plates hanging all over the place here and we use those wire plate hangers that have a spring to adjust to the right size. Some have clear tubing where contact is made with the plate for protection. Don't know if this will help, but might be worth a look.