PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Redsail x700 with problems. Your thoughts

Clark Pace
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi. I got my redsail laser and am having a weird problem. Any image or text I etch gives my a slightly duplicated image(I guess I should say anything I etch). There is not an extra copy behind it or to the side.

See my pics? Any of you x700 or redsail owners had this issue? It's really bumming me out. Do you think it's the controller or optics????

Lucy Lee
06-12-2013, 11:32 PM
@ Clark Pace,
the biggest possibility is the electrostatic interference

Best Regards

Hi. I got my redsail laser and am having a weird problem. Any image or text I etch gives my a slightly duplicated image(I guess I should say anything I etch). There is not an extra copy behind it or to the side.

See my pics? Any of you x700 or redsail owners had this issue? It's really bumming me out. Do you think it's the controller or optics????

Ernie Balch
06-13-2013, 9:44 AM
I think the left going and right going laser spots are not aligned properly. Engrave something in single direction mode and see if it goes away.

It could be caused by the laser beam not coming straight down from the lens or you need to adjust a time delay so the bidirectional laser spots overlay.

ernie

Mark Sipes
06-13-2013, 1:41 PM
is it possible there is play on the X axis causing the sprocket to move right then left as it switches direction. ??

George Carlson
06-13-2013, 7:45 PM
The belt on the x axis should be tight, very tight. Slack in the belt will produce positioning error for bi-directional work. Yours may be a bit loose. On the M900 there are screws you use to tighten the belt.

Clark Pace
06-13-2013, 7:50 PM
Hi. So I tried engraving only 1 direction, and it solved the problem. But of course the etching is slower. Redsail support sold me to change the x reversal interval, under config and setting. Add 400 speed and .15 reverse interval and it solved the problem. :) Etches fantastic now.

Rich Harman
06-13-2013, 8:10 PM
I disagree about the belts needing to be very tight. If they are tight they will stretch and will not move as freely. I run mine just tight enough to take out the slack and have found the accuracy to be much better than when they were tight.

You can tune the reverse interval by engraving a series of short vertical lines. Set the scan gap to a large value such as 0.5 and inspect closely how the dots line up. Make small adjustments to the reverse interval to dial it in.

AL Ursich
06-13-2013, 10:22 PM
I learned some stuff... Thanks....

AL