PDA

View Full Version : gold panner clip art (royalty free)

Kasey Maxwell
06-11-2013, 4:27 PM
I don't usually ask for clip art on here but I am in need of royalty free clip art of either a gold panner (like a man with a beard and had gold panning from a stream) or just the gold pans and pick axe and shovel. I have searched on clker but nothing came up, I need it to be free to use for personal and business.

Thank you

Cliff Land
06-11-2013, 4:50 PM
try searching google images prospector

Scott Shepherd
06-11-2013, 5:31 PM
try searching google images prospector

He's asking for royalty free images. Images on Google are owned by the people that created them. It is illegal to use images from the internet to make items without the permission of the copyright holder.

Kasey Maxwell
06-11-2013, 6:24 PM
indeed, I should have said......using images from google frighten me :)

Scott Shepherd
06-11-2013, 7:27 PM
indeed, I should have said......using images from google frighten me :)

You aren't alone! I applaud the fact you're trying to do the right thing.

Cliff Land
06-12-2013, 10:19 AM
shortcuts make for long journeys. i meant to imply that he might have more luck looking for "prospector". google is a good starting point for finding the images to see that that image is suitable for his needs and then try to acquire license or permission for use as needed royalty free or what have you. i was not suggesting that he just go willfully lifting and using the results. prospector royalty free works just as well in google image search. good luck with your project.

AL Ursich
06-12-2013, 3:01 PM
Another thought would be to contact some Photographers in the Gold Country and attempt to find a photograph you like and can agree on terms.... Then run it though a Photo to Sketch Program to convert it to lines that you can utilize... I have the basic version on one program but see they offer another more advanced version now with more file outputs.

AL

Jason Hilton
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Both google image search and flickr have advanced search settings for searching for images and art that are licensed under creative commons, which has a category for use, distribute, and modify for commercial use.

https://www.google.com/search?as_st=y&tbm=isch&hl=en&as_q=prospector+panning+for+gold&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&cr=&as_sitesearch=&safe=active&tbs=sur:fmc&biw=1561&bih=1323&sei=PNq5UeXqOaWD0QGTn4CADQ

Kasey Maxwell
06-13-2013, 10:20 PM
wow, I didn't know you could do that on google, this is going to help in the future ! !

Thank you so much !

Jesse Anderson
06-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Its illegal to use a image that is owned by another company or entity... It is not of course illegal to use another image on the internet as inspiration to create another image..... At one time some one invented the laser engraver, telephone , inventions, and many other forms of art and human idea's... Now we have hundreds, thousands, and millions of variations of idea's and inventions .. probably inspired by someone at some point in time.... Its inevitable that people will copy and infringe in some sort of way... I am sure if you use your imagination and look at other image's similar you can come up with your own line drawing or art...If the image is way to close to the original then it might be a probem. But if u have good skill then with graphic design and the wild world of inspiration aka "the internet" it can pay off... Inspiration is not copyrighted... I am not giving any legal advice nor do i endorse copyright infringement i am just giving my personal opinion and the information i have received from attorneys and experience...

Scott Shepherd
06-17-2013, 7:16 AM
Producing something by copying someone else's work, whether it be inspiration or not, is called "Derivative Work", which is clearly covered by the copyright law. Below is a clip from legalzoom (not the best resource, but it was written fairly clearly):

"Who Can Produce Derivative Works?
Only copyright owners have the exclusive right to produce derivative works based on their original, copyrighted works. Copyright on original works of authorship is automatic, and registration—while it does carry significant benefits, like the right to sue for infringement—is notrequired for a work to be protected; protection attaches immediately when the work is completed. However, a copyright owner can grant permission to someone else to make a derivative work based on his or her original—if permission is granted (in the form of a license or assignment), then creation of the derivative work is not infringement. But if the original isn’t yours and you don’t get permission to use the original from its creator, then you’re infringing that author’s copyright."

Bill Cunningham
06-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Here's a good explanation of what is in the public domain, and what isn't

http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

And a good source of P.D. images

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Jason Hilton
06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's some useful information (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/) on Creative Commons licensing. There is a lot of great art available that is licensed through creative commons.