PDA

View Full Version : craft shows

Denny Davis
06-10-2013, 4:54 PM
As a first time crafter i have a question, regarding payment.
So anyone that can give me some advise it is appreciated.
Do customers usually pay Credit card/ Paypal, cash.
I'm a little concerned about checks.( being bad) How does it go for you?
Thank you very much
Denny Davis

John Beaver
06-10-2013, 6:59 PM
I have no idea what your prices are. Almost all of my buyers pay with credit card. I use Intuit GoPayment, but Square and Paypal also have good systems for accepting cards. I've only received a few checks, mostly from people I know, and I've never had a problem.

William Bachtel
06-11-2013, 7:43 AM
Had one ck bounce, and she made it good. Had hundreds of cks with no problems. Very few are cash. I do not do credit cards but will do so in the future.

Matt Day
06-11-2013, 8:10 AM
Seems like a perfect use for square or similar, as John mentioned. Checks would worry me a bit too. And I don't know the last time I carried checks with me!

Pat Scott
06-11-2013, 8:27 AM
I only take cash or credit cards. I was surprised how much cash some people carry, but there are a lot of people that carry very little cash. Taking credit cards opens up the possibility of higher priced sales. Square, Intuit, and PayPal are all free and provide a free credit card reader to plug into your smartphone or tablet. Tablets are better (if you have one) because the box customers sign their name in is bigger. Just google credit card readers for more info. All of them will charge a couple % for each sale, maybe $2 or so for a $100 charge. I'd rather pay $2 to sell a $100 item than not sell the item at all.

Al Wasser
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
I take checks and have never had a problem. A craft show is discretionary spending and the "baddies" don't go there

Bernie Weishapl
06-11-2013, 9:58 PM
I don't take CC so cash or check is it. Been selling at craft fairs for 7 yrs and never had a bad check.