PDA

View Full Version : Is this a standard warning tag that comes with Grizzly these days?

Craig D Peltier
06-10-2013, 4:25 PM
264158 Saw this on the interweb.

John Schweikert
06-10-2013, 4:31 PM
Not noticed it on the three Grizzly machines I have. But it's true, final safety is in the hands of the operator not the manufacturer.

Danny Hamsley
06-10-2013, 4:35 PM
Unfortunately, when one sticks their hand in a table saw blade or other piece of wood working equipment, the warning becomes clear. I ripped about 150 1" x 1" x 4' spacing stickers out of pine today to stack some oak lumber that I am going to saw on my sawmill. I have had two acquaintances in the last year that put their hand in a table saw blade, and the results were very, very ugly. I thought about that often as I was doing the repetitive ripping. The brain is more important than the horsepower or brand name of the equipment. Your post serves as a good reminder.

David Weaver
06-10-2013, 5:12 PM
Reminds me of an amishman I used to know. His tools were all set up to run on pneumatic and hydraulic power off of a diesel engine, and he would always say "you can use my tools, but remember, they don't have brains". He's about 2 hours south of the grizzly HQ, not that it has anything to do with it.

Bruce Page
06-10-2013, 5:27 PM
I've seen it posted in several machine shops over the years, it's also one of my favorite rotating avatars. ;)

Keith Bohn
06-10-2013, 6:11 PM
If that's what Grizzly is selling for a band saw they've really upped their game, but it isn't/they haven't.

That's a pre-Asian Invasion Made Powermatic 14" (before Powermatic copied the Delta 14").

It's most likely a No. 143 Wood/Metal Cutter (the box on the back covers the transmission).

Metod Alif
06-11-2013, 10:10 AM
For some, stupidity is a form of happiness. Its pursuit is 'condoned' by our Constitution. Signs like this could represent an interference...
Best wishes,
Metod

Jim Rimmer
06-11-2013, 1:02 PM
ACHTUNG! Das machine iss nicht fur gerfingerpoken und mittzengraben. Iss easy schnapen der springenwerk, blowenfusen, und poppencorken mit spitzen sparken.

Iss nicht fur gerwerken by das dumbkofen or fur das rubbernecken.

Iff iss sightseeren, keepen der hands in der pockets, relaxen, und vatch der blinkenlights.

Mel Fulks
06-11-2013, 1:10 PM
Jim ,that is funny! But for a moment I thought maybe they had moved to Germany . Now I'm disappointed.

glenn bradley
06-11-2013, 3:45 PM
I don't know about standard but, I've had it on my shop wall for some years :D:D:D

George Gyulatyan
06-11-2013, 8:51 PM
ACHTUNG! Das machine iss nicht fur gerfingerpoken und mittzengraben. Iss easy schnapen der springenwerk, blowenfusen, und poppencorken mit spitzen sparken.

Iss nicht fur gerwerken by das dumbkofen or fur das rubbernecken.

Iff iss sightseeren, keepen der hands in der pockets, relaxen, und vatch der blinkenlights.

Thanks Jim. I just sprayed coffee out of my nostrils! :mad:

:D