View Full Version : boxes

charlie knighton
06-10-2013, 2:49 PM
oak/basswood
floridadon'tknowwood/basswood

took a lesson from Baxter, inside image

Jim Underwood
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
Charlie, I really like the bird. The style is primitive, but it's framed well, and it's bold enough to see (not lost because it's too faint or small). Do more like this. When you create in this style, you must be bold, not timid. Sell it.

Fred Belknap
06-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Charlie I really like these especially the bird and the crooked star. Sometimes your work is way over my head but love these. Can't say the same about your photographic skills (the skillet calling the pot black:D)

charlie knighton
06-11-2013, 9:01 PM
thanks Jim and Fred

its a good thing that i do not try to make $$$ from my photographic skills, i would probably be in a hole, maybe tomorrow the light will come on, hehe

Bernie Weishapl
06-11-2013, 9:51 PM
Charlie I like these a lot especially the bird. Well done.

Baxter Smith
06-11-2013, 9:58 PM
Looks like you carved the top of the larger one Charlie. Looks like a good way to add a little extra. Will have to remember that.

charlie knighton
06-12-2013, 8:03 AM
thanks Bernie and Baxter

yes the top is carved on both, no added color on first, the second one is carved with color added, another problem with photo but you can see it in person
did any of yall when young, play the "she loves me, she loves me not" with a flower????? that was sort of the idea about the petals that are seperated, not sure if idea was convead or not