PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
06-10-2013, 9:06 AM
10 Jun 2013

Good Morning Everyone,
I hope this finds each of you doing well. I came off oncall duty this morning and I'm happy. :)

Since I was stuck at the house this weekend due to oncall, I took the time, as time permitted, to work on caulking and putting up window trim. We finished up all the replacement windows in the house as well as removing an old glass block window in the master bath, framed in and put a standard opaque glass window in its place. The drywall work will be finished today and ready for paint. Our tile and wood flooring is now on order and should be in this week. I really need to finish the inside window trim this week. I've really enjoyed doing all this on our home. The windows and new A/C have really made a huge difference in the living conditions inside the house.

Well, that's it for me.....sore, stiff, and kind of tired from the weekend, but I have plenty more to do.
So what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-10-2013, 9:32 AM
I kept busy around the house........set off some bug bombs in the shed attached to our carport to kill some yellow jackets who had taken up residence there. The guy that replaced the soffits on the shed a few years ago (me) had failed to reinstall an outside light fixture. After exterminating them, I reinstalled the outside light fixture.

After finishing the router station I had been building, I began cleaning up.

My next projects for my shop will be a clamp cart and cutoff box, a box to store short but useable pieces of wood in. I want my shop more organized and neater.

Doug Richardson
06-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Getting a new fence and the shed that my father and our neighbor built back in the late 50's had to come down. Took both Saturday and Sunday, and filled 4 bagsters, for those of you that know what those are. Should have gotten a dumpster instead.....

Jeff Monson
06-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Watched some baseball this past weekend, as my son was in a little league tournament. Started getting my garage floor ready for paint, prep work sucks!

Alden Miller
06-10-2013, 1:44 PM
Did some more refinishing of my jointer, two more pieces to go and it's time to reassemble it. Also I started trimming out the windows in my workshop, after a trip to the lumberyard to get more stock I will make and install the molding.

-Alden

Shawn Pixley
06-10-2013, 1:49 PM
I have just ended 4 -60 to 75 hour work weeks in a row. So I am behind on everything. We looked for a contractor to replace our dilapitated wood fence with a CMU fence. I will build the entry fence out of Ipe. We cleaned house and I replaced some casters on a living room end table (ultra-modern / industrial). The dogs went to the dog park and received several long walks as well. We saw the Star Trek movie that came out while I was traveling. A few good meals and the weekend was over.

As far as wood working went, I sanded, prepped and started finishing a Sushi / Sake box I am making. While the finish was curing, I started rehabing a couple of Bailey type 11 planes I picked up a few weeks ago. The number 4's blade was a millimeter out of parallel in fifty millimeters. It was also deeply pitted about 2 mm behing the edge so I picked up a replacement blade. Next I need to flatten the sole.

Frank Trinkle
06-10-2013, 4:18 PM
Unfortunately, I'm currently in the middle of my six-week work hitch in Nigeria. Flew all weekend offshore for the oil companies, but did get the opportunity to spend a lot of time on the internet finalizing the major purchase of Festool equipment that I will be replacing virtually all my current hand tools with. Thank the stars that my current income will support the 13-18K that I will be spending in the next few months to satisfy my new addition to the Green Koolaid!

Also bought some WW Kindle books on Amazon to better educate myself on various WW techniques...especially on bandsaw boxes. Great stuff!

Joe Mioux
06-10-2013, 8:05 PM
Worked on my big green egg table. Down to sanding and finishing. It's made of red oak, because that is what I had in stock.. Staining and then marine spar varnish.

george wilson
06-10-2013, 8:32 PM
I finished up a display base for a Ryder Cup golf trophy that Williamsburg is displaying in their golf club house. I had helped make all of the PGA trophies back in the late 70's and 80's. Made the steel spinning chucks,wooden bases,any wooden handles. The Jones cup has a lot of wooden parts on it. Mostly wood.

Steve Keathley
06-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Steup my new table saw and thickness planer.

Michael Dunn
06-11-2013, 12:09 AM
I dug a couple post holes for my in-laws fence, opened their pool, and prepared for the clear coats on these 9 table tops I made for a restaurant/bar. I bid on a bunch of new potential jobs and made contact with several recent work inquiries regarding modifications to guitars and guitar pedals and the like.