PDA

View Full Version : any other spectrum5th gen owners

Ron Threlfall
06-10-2013, 7:15 AM
I have just purchased a spectrum laser 5th Gen.imported it all the way to Australia hoping it would be relatively simple to understand anyway a bit more complex than I thought it would be. I may need some help from time to time hence me joining this forum, by way of introduction I do wood carving as a hobby have done so off and on for last 30 years problem is had to work full time to pay the bills I live in small village on the far south coast of N S W.. I have read a lot of the posts on this forum and enjoy the content I look forward to reading more. regards from down under Ron Threlfall

Mike Null
06-10-2013, 7:36 AM
Ron

Welcome to SMC. We have a fair number of your countrymen on the forum and they are generous contributors with tips and experiences. You've probably already checked this out but there are several things on you tube relating to Full Spectrum lasers. Here is one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd6eY97JSkM

Mike Troncalli
06-10-2013, 4:07 PM
Do you have your unit fired up and running? Are you having any problems engraving or cutting?

Ron Threlfall
06-11-2013, 7:55 AM
Do you have your unit fired up and running? Are you having any problems engraving or cutting?

No I am having a problem with loading retina engrave something to do with my computer blocking program need to get up in the early hours and try and sort out tech side with the makers on the other side of the planet.I did not consider the problems I could have buying overseas anyway I have to live with that issue now. as to your question I have not had a chance to do any engraving are you a where of any problems with these machines.

Mike Troncalli
06-11-2013, 8:16 AM
Ron,

Most likely your problem is with your anti-virus program and / or your firewall. RetinaEngrave requires an outside link the first time to update and validate... You should be able to turn off your security long enough for the software to activate...

Ron Threlfall
06-12-2013, 7:56 PM
have sorted problem now have to learn how to use it