PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Fence mount maximum dimensions

Kevin VerMerris
06-09-2013, 1:35 PM
Hi,

Wonder how much flexibility is there in mounting a table saw fence system? Most table saw tops are 27" deep, but can that be increased/decreased? Or are there fence systems that do not have a back rail?

joseph dake
06-09-2013, 1:51 PM
I can't speak to all saw's but the Delta Unisaw does not have a back rail. What are you thinking of doing?

Kevin VerMerris
06-09-2013, 2:31 PM
I can't speak to all saw's but the Delta Unisaw does not have a back rail. What are you thinking of doing?

Minimal space in garage, making a mobile cabinet to hold saw and would love to attach another cabinet that would house a fliptop, but I dont think I can get it under 27"deep

Joe Kieve
06-09-2013, 2:50 PM
The Biesmeyer fence on my Unisaw doesn't have a back rail. Well, actually it does, but it's only needed to hold up an extension table on the right side of the top. You could operate the fence without it though.

Kevin VerMerris
06-09-2013, 7:26 PM
Looking at manual for the ShopFox Classic, it looks like there is a pad that rides on the rear rail, seems that could be moved if necessary.

johnny means
06-09-2013, 11:08 PM
Most fences don't require a back rail. As long as their is something, such as a table top, to support the fence it shouldn't be a problem.

Erik Christensen
06-10-2013, 3:00 PM
I have a Biesmeyer fence installed on a Robland table saw - there is no back rail at all - fence rides on the saw table of extension table & is locked in place & position with the front rail

Kevin VerMerris
06-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I have a Biesmeyer fence installed on a Robland table saw - there is no back rail at all - fence rides on the saw table of extension table & is locked in place & position with the front rail

Does your fence have a pad or anything it rides on, or does the fence make direct contact with the tabletop? Seems if I am able to get a t-square style fence, the back rail is unnecessary