PDA

View Full Version : Another Creeker visit!

John Miliunas
05-19-2005, 9:58 PM
Well, after many previous "failed attempts", Dan Racette was finally able to pay a visit to my humble shop. No, no special cleaning or prep...Hey, it's a working shop, after all!:) Anyhow, short as the visit was, we had a nice time and covered a fair amount of territory in relatively short time. Sounds like Dan, with the help of his bride, is setting up a serious shop of his own. Once he's got that cranked up, it will be my turn. Thanks for stopping out, Dan and know that you're welcome anytime!:) :cool: Oh and here's proof. (I asked him to turn the volume on the shirt down a bit, but the control pot on it was broke!:D )

Jim Becker
05-19-2005, 10:30 PM
"Blinded by the..." Wow...quite the shirt statement there, Dan!! 'Glad you got to visit with John...he's on my list, too, if I ever get to that neck of the woods!

Such a great smile deserves another avitar option, too!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-19-2005, 11:47 PM
I heard of people seeing colors like that back in the '60s.........LS?....something like that! :D Glad you had a chance to visit!

Keith Christopher
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Dan! I second Mr. Beckers Sentiments ! WOW to the shirt! I think I'll paint my TS that color ! Wouldn't that be cool.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-20-2005, 8:14 AM
Dan,

Glad you got to finally meet John, it was quite a treat I am sure! :)

P.s. Email me at work and let me know how your shop is going...

Dan Racette
05-20-2005, 10:10 AM
It was really great to gain some of John's experiences and advice. His set-up is very awesome, and I believe I got a little misty-eyed at the site of all those Lie-Nielsen's. I am very very convinced of several of John's purchases will be the same as mine, at least someday. The Shelix rocks! No doubt in my mind on that. The bridgewood table saw is a superb hunk of beef and a great value! I could go on and on. John is a gracious host, and has a really top notch shop! He has helped me make several of my big decisions simply by sharing his knowledge. We in the midwest, like value, but love quality! We also found out our wives are both from the same small town, which is just too wild!

Thank very much John! You are invited to my place, even before it gets the finishing touches. I will enjoy coming back to your place again. I told my wife the purpose of the trip was to spend some time breathing the air of a "fully functional shop", as opposed to getting depressed in my mess of partial construction and unsold garage sale items!!! Construction goes very slowly when you have to maneuver sheet goods around boxes, old kids toys, and loads of clutter! (she says, 'we're working on it').

Fyi-the shirt was 9.99 on ebay! I call it my "liberal camouflage" for fitting in down on Madison, WI's State Street area, by the university!

We gotta get our small woodworker's of SW WI together soon!