PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Shenhui Controller Software

Fernando Cucci
06-07-2013, 3:18 PM
Is there any other alternative to the Laserwork software to control Shenhui lasers? I *just* got the SH-G360 and before I suffer through the learning curve I'd like to know if there are better alternatives.

I don't want to mod my machine by replacing the controller, which I know would work, but leave me with Mach3 or something not quite ideal.

My perfect replacement would be the printer driver that Full Spectrum Laser has... but that probably requires their exclusive board.

I've never seen what Epilog and other western companies provide.

Thanks,

Fernando

Rodne Gold
06-07-2013, 4:47 PM
Laserworks works very well to control the laser , use Coreldraw to design.

George M. Perzel
06-07-2013, 5:31 PM
Fernando;
What's the problem with Laserworks??
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Walt Langhans
06-07-2013, 7:24 PM
Laserworks works very well to control the laser , use Coreldraw to design.

Agree 100%, and it wasn't much of a learning curve, although you do need to make sure that you install Corell on a drive other than C: so if you don't have multiple hard drives you're going to need to partition the one you have.

Gary Hair
06-07-2013, 8:00 PM
although you do need to make sure that you install Corell on a drive other than C: so if you don't have multiple hard drives you're going to need to partition the one you have.

What? Why do you say this?

Walt Langhans
06-07-2013, 11:22 PM
What? Why do you say this?

With Windows 7, Corel Draw X5, and the latest version of RDCAM I had partition my hard drive into a C: and D: and install Corel on the D: to get the RDCAM plugin to work. Don't know why, but I got it straight from Shenhui tech support, and had tried it the typical way by installing it on to C: but the driver would never install.

Jimmy Phillips
06-08-2013, 1:01 AM
With Windows 7, Corel Draw X5, and the latest version of RDCAM I had partition my hard drive into a C: and D: and install Corel on the D: to get the RDCAM plugin to work. Don't know why, but I got it straight from Shenhui tech support, and had tried it the typical way by installing it on to C: but the driver would never install.

I have Windows 7, Corel Draw X5, and RDCAM all installed on my 2TB C drive. Never had a problem.

Walt Langhans
06-08-2013, 8:30 AM
I have Windows 7, Corel Draw X5, and RDCAM all installed on my 2TB C drive. Never had a problem.

Probably just be a glitch with the latest version of RDCAM

George M. Perzel
06-08-2013, 10:02 AM
No problem here either
Win7, Corel X4, latest RDcam
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Fernando Cucci
06-11-2013, 9:27 AM
Fernando;
What's the problem with Laserworks??
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

I don't want to sound like the software is useless -- far from it. I am very new and I just had a few issues understanding what was going on.

I've used Laserwork a few times now to do some test cuts and it seems to run ok. It would be awesome if there were more tutorials on youtube. But now that I have the basics done the confusion I have is mostly with my machine.

My original query was whether or not other software packages to control other laser engravers (like Epilog) would work. As I thought, it doesn't appear so.

Thanks for the replies. This forum is great.

Fernando

Rich Harman
06-11-2013, 3:58 PM
I also am using Corel Draw X5 and RDCam on Win7. No partioning needed.