PDA

View Full Version : Need source for plastic DC bags

Ron Kanter
05-19-2005, 4:10 PM
I have a Jet dust collector, DC-1200CKR, arriving soon. Jet sells their bags for about $3 a piece.
I know there is a place out there where you can buy them by the roll for about a buck a piece, I just don't know the name.
I know some of you have already figured out how to collect those chips for 1/3 of what Jet charges. Where do you get your plastic bags?
Thanks,
Ron

Greg Scott
05-19-2005, 4:19 PM
Not a whole lot cheaper but they are cheaper at Penn State $21.95 for 10 but then you have to add shipping which is $6.95 so now where up to $2.89 per bag. Hmmm hope someone else can do better :(

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DCPB740&Category_Code=

Jack Diemer
05-19-2005, 4:28 PM
I would try those Husky 3 mil thick bags they sell at Home Depot. You cant see through them, but they dont break, and if they don't fit, they are still the worlds greatest trash bags to have around the house. I use them inside the drum under my cyclone. I just have to throw a chunk of 2x4 in the bottom to keep the cyclone from sucking it up.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-19-2005, 4:33 PM
On my HF dust collector I use just about any 30 Gallon bag. It works great! I still use the canvas lower bag to protect the plastic bag. Just look for the heaviest mil you can find and try a few different sizes. With a band clamp, you should be able to find a size that fits.

markgoodall
05-19-2005, 5:33 PM
Yes, those Husky 42 Gallon 3MIL contractor garbage bags from Home Depot work great.

I use them along with the original canvas bag on the outside to keep from tearing the plastic bag. 3MIL is tough, but I managed to jab it once with a sharp edge of maple and cut the bag and made a real mess.

I think those bags work out to about 30 cents each.

Ian Barley
05-19-2005, 5:58 PM
Look in your yellow pages for packaging supplies. I buy mine from the same guy I buy bubble wrap etc. Because he dosen't know they are DC bags he only charges a quarter of the cost if he did know!

Worth a try.

Alan Turner
05-19-2005, 6:59 PM
There is business with an internet presence that sells a roll of 50 for $50; 6 mil. Their main buisness is custom made filter bags, but they do handle the plastic bags as well. It is something like American Filter, or something close to that, but I can't seem to find them. Hope someone comes up with them as I will soon need another roll.

James Biddle
05-19-2005, 7:04 PM
Wynn. $10 for 10 bags. 4mil poly. Gotta stretch them a little to get them on, but they work fine.

Ron Kanter
05-19-2005, 9:22 PM
James,
$10 for 10 bags sounds good if putting them on isn't too much of a hassle.
Could you elaborate on "Wynn"? I tried Wynn.com but got nothing.

Anybody got any other ideas based on Alan's clues?

Ron

P.S. Maybe the guy who first said, "let the chips fall where they may" was also having trouble finding cheap bags for his dust collecor.

Wynn. $10 for 10 bags. 4mil poly. Gotta stretch them a little to get them on, but they work fine.

Adrian Rogers
05-19-2005, 9:44 PM
I bought my Delta used and it came with a box of bags from the previous owner. They had an Amazon shipping label, but I don't know how much they were/are.

-Adrian

James Biddle
05-19-2005, 10:32 PM
James,
$10 for 10 bags sounds good if putting them on isn't too much of a hassle.
Could you elaborate on "Wynn"? I tried Wynn.com but got nothing.

Anybody got any other ideas based on Alan's clues?

Ron

P.S. Maybe the guy who first said, "let the chips fall where they may" was also having trouble finding cheap bags for his dust collecor.

Sorry, it's http://www.wynnenv.com/notes.htm This is the same company that makes the aftermarket cartridge filters for the single stage DCs. They also have good hose at a reasonable price.

Rob Blaustein
05-19-2005, 11:48 PM

Stretch them a little? Sorry James, but oh my goodness, did I have a hard time with these. I too have a Jet DC1200 but got the Wynn cartridge along with some extra poly bags. Unless the dimensions of your Jet are different from mine, I'd have a hard time recommending the Wynn bags (though they are a really nice company to deal with)--I had to really stretch them and tore a few just trying to get them on. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong. But thanks for posting Ron, since I too am looking for other recs.

Kirk (KC) Constable
05-20-2005, 1:38 AM
I've used plain old cheapie trash bags inside the canvas bag for somebody that wanted mulch material...but as a cheaper alternative to some of the ones suggested, I bought some 'Ruffies' contractor trash bags at WalMart a couple weeks ago. 3mil, and awfully hard to break...at about fifty cents apiece.

KC

Tony Falotico
05-20-2005, 6:41 AM
I don't want to sound excessively cheap here, but I empty the bag into into the burn pile and reuse it. Can fill it several times before needing replacement. Or, I'll empty it into cheaper trash bags to put out with the garbage.

In answer to your question, I bought Jet Replacements from Amazon, I think they were about $15 for five bags.

John Hart
05-20-2005, 7:10 AM
I work at a biochemical company that has to buy drum liners (8-10 mil) for shipment of various chemicals. I use these things for all sorts of cleanup because they don't break...even when I put over a hundred pounds of stuff in them with metal pieces, trees, branches...that sort of thing. Anyway, if memory serves, I paid 50 cents a piece for these things. I'm on vacation, but when I go back Monday, I'll see if I can find the vendor and pricing. You might have to buy 100 at a time though.

Per Swenson
05-20-2005, 7:17 AM
Tony, and all.

I also use the bags from Amazon. (JDS)
Reuse, over and over.
Start getting holes, Duct tape.
I then do as others and transfer the contents
to the husky bags. I fill 20 to 25 a week.
I give it away to freinds and neighbors for land scape
projects. Why not just throw it out?
Well, I reuse the black husky bags too.
Please somebody with more brains and time,
come up with a idea to make money with this stuff.
They sell those fake logs for your fireplace, 5 bucks apiece.

Per

Greg Scott
05-20-2005, 8:10 AM
If you have a HF or Grizz the Wynn bags work great, if you have a Jet DC1200 good luck trying them. I stretched and stretched to the point of tearing and they just wouldn't work.

Alan Turner
05-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, guys, I finally had a relapse of my OT disease. Here is a responsive email I got from Am. Fabric Filter. I use the $50 roll in my Jet cannister top DC, 1.5 h.p. unit. Works great.

Thank you for your interest in our products. We would be happy to supply you with disposable plastic collection bags. These are a stock item and generally ship out the same day, if the order is placed before 2pm.
Polybags- 21" Diameter x 50" Long, 6 mil, 50ct. roll
$49.50 per roll
The above size should fit most delta models and can generally be modified slightly for the smaller collectors.
Please just simply ask for details or suggestions on modifications, if required. The following is the only other size we carry, just for reference.
Polybags- 24-1/2" Diameter x 72" Long, 6 mil, 50ct./roll
$88.77 per roll
This size fits most Dust Teck models, 55 gallon drums, as well as a variety of other collectors that are on/off the market.
Payment terms can be made with a credit card (visa or mastercard ONLY) or an account can be establish. Please contact us for any other payment options.

If you have any questions, or if you would like to place an order, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
Thank You,

American Fabric Filter
1-800-367-3591

americanfabricfilter.com