06-05-2013, 10:22 AM
multi-axis wallhanging 33 x 20

Nazca Lines
2 connecting spirals - migration
concentric circles - path

excuse the picture having trouble with the lighting

Roger Chandler
06-05-2013, 10:34 AM
That is certainly outside the box, Charlie. I do not know enough about abstract art to be able to appreciate its value...........it could be that someone, somewhere, will have this and the other wall hangings of yours just fill their imaginations with awe and wonder, and speak to them on a level that I do not understand..............then it could catch on, and in the abstract art genre', your style will become the hottest thing in their zeitgeist and you will become a famous artist........and make millions!

Lets hope so!

Additional: It occurred to me that someone might think I was being sarcastic with my remark here.......not so! There are times when artists see conceptually in ways that others do not.........especially in the abstract art genre' ...........I hope it works out well for you Charlie!

Len Mullin
06-06-2013, 3:29 AM
This type of "art" doesn't do a thing for me, but others will probably like it. I was wondering though, why it is being presented in the turners forum? I don't see any wood turning involved in making it, am I missing something?
Len

charlie knighton
06-06-2013, 7:21 AM
Len, thanks for looking and your comments, i am sorry for my lack of photo skills, the cherry wood at the bottom of the basswood has been turned on 4 axis. when trying to adjust the lighting, it is difficult for me to show the carving on the basswood and the turning in the cherry, it tends to wash one or the other out in the picture, i'll be taking it to tampa for the ig for a closer look.

it is amazing what our eyes can do compared to what i can make a camera do.