PDA

View Full Version : Replacing the Leetro Controller

Vicki Rivrud
06-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I've been in constant contact with Leetro about a better or improved replacement for the MPC6515.

Juno at Leetro provided me with this info:

MPC6565 is the newest and best controller board. But you advised before, it
is better to abandon the dongle and enlarge the memory limitation on board
so that we have a new program for this. There will be a new version
controller board which has no dongle, and it supports working online or by
using USB flash disk. This new product will be launched on September.

I have also requested other changes, so it will be very similiar to the AW608 and Juno will be sending me the list of improvements and the actual release date.

My MPC6515 has kept up with my demands for over 5 years now - I do have a replacement MPC6535 however the wiring diagram is a bit different and so are a few settings so we set it aside for now until we figure out the exact changeout. However the 6565 appears to b very promising.

It has been pre-released to Synrad, Coherent and Universal so those of you who have purchased those branded machines could ask them about the new controller. Those considering a new purchase, specify the newest controller.

I know when I purchased my Chinese laser I didn't KNOW to ask which controller it had but at that time there were only 2 - the brand new stand alone and the pci board - - lots of changes have occured over the past 5 years!

Another consideration for those changing brands of controllers - the Leetro generates the ecp/mol type file which is proprietary - so your files would require conversion and time!

All the best,
Vicki

Phil Horne
06-19-2013, 3:21 PM
I've been in constant contact with Leetro about a better or improved replacement for the MPC6515.

Juno at Leetro provided me with this info:

MPC6565 is the newest and best controller board. But you advised before, it
is better to abandon the dongle and enlarge the memory limitation on board
so that we have a new program for this. There will be a new version
controller board which has no dongle, and it supports working online or by
using USB flash disk. This new product will be launched on September.

I have also requested other changes, so it will be very similiar to the AW608 and Juno will be sending me the list of improvements and the actual release date.

My MPC6515 has kept up with my demands for over 5 years now - I do have a replacement MPC6535 however the wiring diagram is a bit different and so are a few settings so we set it aside for now until we figure out the exact changeout. However the 6565 appears to b very promising.

It has been pre-released to Synrad, Coherent and Universal so those of you who have purchased those branded machines could ask them about the new controller. Those considering a new purchase, specify the newest controller.

I know when I purchased my Chinese laser I didn't KNOW to ask which controller it had but at that time there were only 2 - the brand new stand alone and the pci board - - lots of changes have occured over the past 5 years!

Another consideration for those changing brands of controllers - the Leetro generates the ecp/mol type file which is proprietary - so your files would require conversion and time!

All the best,
Vicki

This is great news Vicki, please keep us up to date! Hopefully they will include some form of greyscale power mapping like epilog and many others have!

Phil

Sam Larter
07-05-2013, 3:46 AM
Does anyone know how soon the major Chinese manufacturers are going to start using these in their machines?

Dave Sheldrake
07-05-2013, 4:39 PM
Cole Tech are advertising them already however the software package is still 5.3 at the moment and requires a dongle. 6.0/6.1 is apparently dongle free.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CO2-Laser-Engraver-Cutting-Motion-Control-System-/160486711561?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item255dc0e109

That's the 6565 and new LCD unit.

best wishes

Dave

Vicki Rivrud
07-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Leetro sez dongless version will not be released until sometime in the Fall. As soon as I hear, I will certaintly post.

Wiring diagrams are being workedon as there are some differances between 6515 & the newer controllers.

Vicki