PDA

View Full Version : Gloat

Steve Roxberg
02-17-2003, 3:05 PM
The Woodworking show was in Kansas City this weekend. I upgraded my bandsaw to the Delta 28-299. I got the complete package for $880 after tax but it included the riser block, rip fence, mobile base, and circle cutting jig.

This is the older model that only has a one hp motor. Just a hobbist so hopefully it won't bog down when resawing. If it does I figure I'll just upgrade to a 1 1/2 or 2hp Baldor.
:)

Mike Cutler
02-17-2003, 5:40 PM
Nice Bandsaw Steve. The riser block is a real advantage, and the resaw fence will come in very handy. I've been using a 3/4", 3 TPI on mine for resawing, but I think I'm going to try a 1/2", 3 TPI. It seems that a lot of the more knowledgable folks on the board seem to prefer this blade, and my results have been a little bit inconsistent with the 3/4" blade and the riser block . Hope ya' get a chance to set it up and enjoy it soon. That is, if you're not buried in snow like everyone else seems to be.

Steve Roxberg
02-17-2003, 6:39 PM
I got it setup last evening. The dust collection is lousy, but I believe all bandsaws need some improvement in that regard.

I bought four Timberwolf blades at the show for $85. 1/2 by 4, 1/2 by 3, 1/4 by 10, 3/15 /14, and the carter detail guide. That's the single top bearing one.

No snow here thank goodness.

Van Huskey
07-01-2012, 5:49 AM
OK when I get insomnia I tend to read old threads, I got to wondering what the first bandsaw thread on SMC was (go figure me looking for a BS thread) this was the first one and also the first official gloat on the Creek, but guess what no pics.

Steve is still active on the Creek but not a daily visitor but none the less.... DUDE it has been almost 10 years and no pictures? This obviously didn't happen. You did make a good choice getting the Carter Stabilzer though.

So where are the pictures?????

Richard Dragin
07-01-2012, 12:11 PM
I started reading this thread without looking at the date and thought, this guy is crazy for buying an $880 band saw with a riser block and thinking it's a deal. Times have changed.

Van Huskey
07-01-2012, 5:32 PM
I started reading this thread without looking at the date and thought, this guy is crazy for buying an $880 band saw with a riser block and thinking it's a deal. Times have changed.

The guys in the US that built that 28-299 would agree times have changed, it was one of the Last of the Mohicans if you will.