PDA

View Full Version : universal laser - bed not rising all the way up?

Emma austin
06-03-2013, 4:01 AM
Hey all, went to do some cleaning on the machine, and to get out the exhaust plenum thing I need to raise the laser bed all the way up. Did this, and couldn't get it out, took a while to figure out it wsn't all the way up! (didn't notice as use a honeycomb tray which makes it higher, so never have it all the way up except to clean).
It didn't sound like it was fighting to get up further, it just wouldn't go any further, as if it was already at the top.
Then started notcing sounds coming from the right hand side that it may be struggling to move up and down freely. I can't see anything obstructing it, but I haven't really opened anything up, I wouldn't know where to start.
Will be calling our rep (who lives in another city) tomorrow so hopefully he has some ideas.
Anyone had anything like this?
Thanks

Dave Gates
06-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Our machine did that a few times. In the control panel there is a Home Z button that lowers the table all the way down. When I did it, it made a few sounds once it hit bottom. After that, I just re-calibrated the table and was good to go.

Emma austin
06-03-2013, 5:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Dave, if I didn't hear it struggling a bit I would have thought that would be it, but because of the extra sounds have looked more closely, appears that the little belt part is skipping a bit, turns out the teeth are worn down on it and this would have caused the calibration to be stuffed up too. So a $20 part will fix this for me. Horrah