PDA

View Full Version : Unsharable food group

Stephen Cherry
06-02-2013, 4:26 PM
Everyone knows about food groups- things like apples and bananas are fruit, broccoli, asparagus and fish are vegetables. But another food group that is typically not discussed is the unsharable food group. For me it's good bacon, and soft shelled blue crabs:

Those things sure were good.

curtis rosche
06-02-2013, 9:54 PM
Hardshell maine lobster, Nutella on Oreos, Perfectly seasoned rare steak, and chocolate peanut butter reeses. they are on the Do Not Share list

Myk Rian
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Fish is vegetable?

Stephen Cherry
06-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Fish is vegetable?

That's from the guy on Parks and Recreation. I can't watch the show, but somebody told me he said it.

Mike Henderson
06-03-2013, 1:53 AM
I'm from New Orleans so seafood is second nature to me. The first time my wife, who is from the midwest, saw a soft shell crab, she freaked out. She couldn't imagine people ate those things.:)

Mike

Stephen Cherry
06-03-2013, 7:11 AM
I'm from New Orleans so seafood is second nature to me. The first time my wife, who is from the midwest, saw a soft shell crab, she freaked out. She couldn't imagine people ate those things.:)

Mike

Yes, I can imagine the first human being to try one must have been very hungry, on the way to starvation. He would have tasted it, looked around at his friends, and said, "IT'S NO GOOD, IT'S NO GOOD!".

Chris Damm
06-03-2013, 7:37 AM
Anything on my plate is from the unsharable food group!

Steve Wurster
06-03-2013, 10:35 AM
As said by Louis (Keith David) in the 1990 Sheen/Estevez movie "Men at Work": There are several sacred things in this world that you don't *ever* mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries. Now, you remember that, and you will live a long and healthy life.

Jim Rimmer
06-03-2013, 1:34 PM
Yes, I can imagine the first human being to try one must have been very hungry, on the way to starvation. He would have tasted it, looked around at his friends, and said, "IT'S NO GOOD, IT'S NO GOOD!".

I have often thought the same thing abut the first guy who ate an egg. "See what came out of that chicken's rear end? I'm gonna eat it!"

David Weaver
06-03-2013, 1:39 PM
I have often thought the same thing abut the first guy who ate an egg. "See what came out of that chicken's rear end? I'm gonna eat it!"

Yeah, especially since it's not uncommon for them to have a bit of stinky stuff on the outside. See enough other animals eating them, though, and I guess you get the idea to try one.

One wouldn't want to apply that principle to pigs following cows in the pasture, though. Or chickens...pretty much at all. Or..yeah, pigs not at all, either.

Belinda Barfield
06-04-2013, 6:42 AM
Bacon, steak fries, shrimp, and Doritos.

Stephen Cherry
06-04-2013, 8:41 AM
Bacon,

Of course bacon. If you were at your favorite diner, and had a breakfast with two strips of bacon, and someone asked, "can I have some of your bacon?". Maybe Mother Teresa would give up a strip, but that is just a maybe.

Jim Matthews
06-05-2013, 9:31 PM
Kalles caviar (http://www.swedensbest.com/kallescaviar2.html) from Ikea.

If I could snort, freebase or mainline the stuff I would be a dead man.
It's not even good caviar - but on a soft boiled egg it's one of the best things ever.

Yes, I know it can be purchased online.
That's why I force myself to schlep up to Brockton to buy the stuff.
Otherwise, I would already be in renal failure...

Wish I hadn't opened this thread, now.

will smith
06-05-2013, 10:57 PM
It's no good