PDA

View Full Version : Guest Artist for June

Michael Armstrong
06-02-2013, 12:48 PM
I was fortunate enough to be selected as one of two guest artists for the month of June at the local artists' co-op. The photo below shows what my display looks like. You'll notice that it includes my version of Leo's display for birdhouse ornaments. Thanks Leo for the idea! I've tried to include a variety of the different types of turnings that I do and plan to change up the display a few times during the month.

With Father's Day just around the corner hopefully sales will be good. I'm hopeful for the possibility of full time membership sometime in the future.

Thanks for looking.
Michael

Allan Ferguson
06-02-2013, 2:24 PM
Good work and a nice display. Good LUCK.

Michael Armstrong
06-02-2013, 3:00 PM
Thanks Allan!

Michael

Richard Coers
06-02-2013, 4:48 PM
Congratulations Michael. Just a suggestion for your display. I would use some solid color fabric, I like red or black felt, on the table surfaces. Placing natural wood objects on a natural wood table somewhat camouflages your work. On a solid color, the work will really pop. Good luck!

Michael Armstrong
06-02-2013, 5:03 PM
Thanks Richard! I had thought about that but didn't have anything available to fit the co-ops table. I guess I should work on that.

Michael

Steve Schlumpf
06-02-2013, 6:38 PM
Really good point on the solid color fabric Richard!

Good luck with your sales Michael! Looks like you have enough variety that you offer something for everyone!

Michael Armstrong
06-03-2013, 1:22 AM
Thanks Steve. I tried to showcase a variety of work.

Michael