PDA

View Full Version : tension on Resaw King

James Baker SD
06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
I know this has been covered before, but searching the threads gives me too many hits.
I have a Laguna LT-18 (ACM from 2002--12" resaw) and I recently bought a 3/4" RK. I also have a good tension gauge that directly measures the blade tension (not the saw's scale). What tension should I try for? Thanks.

James

David Kumm
06-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Jim, I have that saw but with an upgraded spring. I would start at 20000 and try it. Always go beyond and then reduce to the number you want. If you bottom out the spring you will feel it and that is not where you want to run. If the saw will allow I would increase in 2000 lb incraments and see what works best. Tension gauges are kind of relative anyway. I've had a bunch and they are generally within 2000 psi so it isn't about the actual number, just what works for you. The original spring on mine was not very strong so that might become your limitation. In my experience, thin band blades benefit from tension due to low beam strength so the blade will take more tension than the saw will deliver so the spring will get to bottom before you can over do it. Dave