View Full Version : lawnmower blades

Michael Koenig
05-31-2013, 10:15 PM
This may be a stupid question but is there a special name for the bent lawnmower blades?

Matt Meiser
05-31-2013, 10:55 PM
Depends on whether they got that way intentionally or accidentally :D

I assume you are talking about mulching blades which are bent on purpose.

Jeff Monson
05-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Or high lift blades which have a very steep bend in them. They are used in conjunction with a bagger on your mower.

Michael Koenig
06-01-2013, 9:15 AM
Maybe i didn't say it right. I know the more bend on the edge means more lift. Mine are bent the long way. Best i can describe from the center hole it comes out aways bends down then out near the tip it bends back up.

John McClanahan
06-01-2013, 9:32 AM
Is it perhaps a mulching blade?

Gary Hodgin
06-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Is it perhaps a mulching blade?

That's what I'm thinking. I have a rider and push with mulching blades and they're bent. This isn't one of my blades but they're bent like this one.

ray hampton
06-01-2013, 5:55 PM
I got a craftsman riding mower and its blades looks similar, second blades ,one of the originals blade hit a tree root and got bend at 90 degrees 2 inches from the blade end, made a nice tiller

ray hampton
06-01-2013, 5:59 PM
We know that mulching blades are bent BUT the factory do not use the word bent , the blades are formed by a punch press