PDA

View Full Version : Another Pottery Barn Doll House Bookcase

Dan Stuewe
05-19-2005, 12:49 AM
After more time then I'd like to admit (2 1/2 years) it is finally in the girl's room. Not it's final location, but this is great news for me! It is amazing how much room the project takes up in a one car garage shop! I've seen several of these over the last couple years posted, and, while mine pales in comparison to the others, it feels good to have it ready for the girls. The second picture shows my oldest, her younger sister crashed big time after pre-school today. Ah the warm Spring weather!

Jeff Sudmeier
05-19-2005, 8:21 AM
Dan,

Great job on the book case! I have always thought that book case was really neat!

John Miliunas
05-19-2005, 9:27 AM
Dan, nice job and I think it really looks neat! 'Course, my opinion don't mean squatt in comparison to that young lady's impression in your second photo!:) I'm sure in her eyes, you are now officially a "hero"! :) Well done!:cool:

Jim Becker
05-19-2005, 9:28 AM
Looks like someone is happy!! And I really like the color coordination. Great job on the bookcase!

Jim W. White
05-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Dave,

That looks great in her room! Nice finish work. I'd say from the smile on her face that Dad's right up there with Superman at this point!! Way to go!

Silas Smith
05-19-2005, 12:31 PM
Dave, I built one for my daughter this past christmas. In fact, it was my first post here. I like the extra detail of putting doors in between the shelp spacers. I can't believe that people will pay the money for PB's when they are made out of mdf and screwed togeather. I built mine from 3/4 ply, biscuits, and then reinforced with glue, nails and screws. You can use mine for a stepladder and the thing won't flex. Great job on your bookcase.

Dennis McDonaugh
05-19-2005, 1:02 PM
Great job Dan--the smile says it all.

Jerry Olexa
05-19-2005, 3:29 PM
Great job and your daughter(s) will appreciate it!!

Mike Vermeil
05-19-2005, 3:49 PM
That's really cute Dan. I built something similar 6 or 7 years ago, but as usual failed to take pictures. The house/bookcase was similiar but narrower, and had an "ell" to the right whose roof fell forward as a slant-front desk. The open space for your legs when seated was a carriage way pass-through. Someone I didn't know well won it in a church raffle, and I've lost touch with them & the piece since then.

Nice work.

Corey Hallagan
05-19-2005, 3:50 PM
Excellent work, looks great and you seem to have made someone happy!

Corey

Jules Dominguez
05-19-2005, 11:19 PM
Isn't it wonderful to be able to make something like that for your children? That's what got me started in woodworking, 40 years ago. I made a playhouse, and the only power tools I had were a 1/4" Black&Decker drill and a Craftsman saber saw (I still have and use the saber saw).