PDA

View Full Version : Loom toy to sell at craft shows.

Joe Hillmann
05-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Here is a file for what is called a paddle loom or tape loom or knee loom. If you search youtube for any of those phrases you should be able to figure out how to use it. I think they will sell well at a farmers market I go to in the summer. I would suggest making them out of wood about 1/4" thick. I would also suggest using boards rather than plywood because it looks more traditional and is less likely to splinter when you are running the strings up and down. The loom on the page is designed to use yarn. The stick next to it is the shuttle and the loom in the upper left corner outside of the page is for thick thread, like what is used for needle point. I haven't cut that one yet so it may no work. It only takes about 4 minutes to make one so if you make them out of ply you could sell them cheap as kids toys or if you make them out of a nice hard wood and finish them the asking price tends to be around $45.

Vicki Rivrud
05-31-2013, 8:30 PM
Thanks Joe, my grand daughter was just asking about a loom . . . so I'll give it a try.
Vicki