PDA

View Full Version : Shop Makover - 90% Complete - Photos

Corey Hallagan
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Well it is pretty close to being done except the one cabinet needs doors and the smaller cabinet needs the drawers to be built yet. Table saw is also assembled but can't test it until the wiring is completed. I really like the space. It is small, but I am used to it. I just move the equipment Table Saw and the Router table out into the open. I will be building a much nicer router table to replace the craftsman table I have been using for about 15 years. Anyway, here is the link. What do you think?

http://www.gpxd.com/Woodworking/ShopMakeover3.htm

Thanks,
Corey

John Hart
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Pretty cool Corey!....Right according to your schedule too. Now all you have to do is get it dirty!:)

Roy Wall
05-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Corey......major overhaul looking great!!! Your cabinets and storage have turned out very nice -- and very solid!!

Nice saw:) !! And great Idea using the old dresser w/top for the miter station....:cool:

Effie Lever
05-18-2005, 11:30 PM
Nice looking cabinets, looks like you're making good use of the space, enjoy.

Frank Pellow
05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
Corey, it looks like an efficient use of limited space. Congratulations on getting (almost) everything done according to your pre-announced plan and scheduale.

Kelly C. Hanna
05-19-2005, 1:10 AM
Looks great Corey....now you gotta get wired!!

Corey Hallagan
05-19-2005, 8:20 AM
Thanks guys! YUP wiring next on the list. Going to get 3 estimates and go from there.

Thanks again,
Corey

Jeff Sudmeier
05-19-2005, 8:23 AM
Corey,

It looks like you are setting your shop up right! Good luck on the wiring.

John Miliunas
05-19-2005, 9:22 AM
Quite the transformation, Corey!:) Almost looks as though you increased your floor real estate by another 50%! On the Delta CS, you may think about making your own blade insert and incorporating a splitter on it. On my previous Delta CS, I had the stock guard & splitter off by the end of Day-1!:) Hope you get her wired soon and start enjoying the fruits of your labor! Lookin' good!:) :cool:

Corey Hallagan
05-19-2005, 3:48 PM
Quite the transformation, Corey!:) Almost looks as though you increased your floor real estate by another 50%! On the Delta CS, you may think about making your own blade insert and incorporating a splitter on it. On my previous Delta CS, I had the stock guard & splitter off by the end of Day-1!:) Hope you get her wired soon and start enjoying the fruits of your labor! Lookin' good!:) :cool:

Thanks John! The space is much more useable but I have access to the whole garage anyway as I move the van out and have access to the rest of the floor area. I have always worked like that. In the real cold months I won't be doing much of anything but scrolling so no biggie. I do wish I had more room to have at least a jointer.

I intend to make several table inserts since I have several blades I will be using including a daddo set. Need a suitable material, most people use baltic birch for this or other. Is plywood acceptable for this? I would think it needs to be 3/8 inch material, I can't buy thicker stock and work it as I don't have resaw capabilities or jointer or planer.

Corey