PDA

View Full Version : Eplog Zing 24

Chris Waters
05-30-2013, 5:14 AM
Hi I'm new to the forum so I hope I get it right.
Three 3years ago I purchased Epilog Zing with a view to staring an engraving business but never got it off the ground, so my laser is used as a hobby. A few weeks ago I noticed that I was having to increase the power and reduce the speed to get any results, alignment was checked and adjusted (but don't understand how that can change) this made no difference to the loss of power. I now find the laser will not fire despite there being a feed 48 volts to it, this says to me the laser tube is defective. I estimate a total of 150 hours use at the outside.
Does anyone out there have a similar experience with a Epilog CO2 laser? I would be grateful for any help or advice.

Chris

Mike Null
05-30-2013, 7:19 AM
Chris

Welcome to SMC. The life of CO2 tubes is unpredictable and I have heard of them failing with less use than your example. I suggest you contact Epilog tech support to help you determine your exact problem.

Keith Outten
05-30-2013, 7:53 AM
I had the same problem with my Epilog Legend years ago with only about 500 hours on the machine. The electronics in the tube failed, it wasn't a loss of gas according to Epilog. A rebuilt tube is probably in your near future.

Chris Waters
05-30-2013, 8:27 AM
Hi Mike
Thanks for your reply, I am already in touch with Epilog but all they seem to want to do is check the alignment, to be fair when I first contacted them the laser was still firing. I emailed Epilog 2days ago with the latest info still waiting a reply.
Thanks again
Chris

Chris Waters
05-30-2013, 8:35 AM
Many thanks Keith for your information. To say I'm disappointed with the life of the laser is an understatement, I have found a company in Wales who rebuild them and I'm talking to them, hopefully it will be cheaper than the Epilog agent in the UK who quoted me £1900 plus VAT at 20% that was for a replacement.
Thanks again

matthew knott
05-30-2013, 9:29 AM
Guessing that will be TLM then, they did our epilog tube but the laser is broken now for another reason. The UK rebuild price are for some reason a rip off, the guys in the states get a much better deal, bad luck with the tube but thats all it is, i have seen lasers last 15 years and some last 5 minutes, its luck of the draw I'm affraid.
Good luck
Matt

Chris Waters
05-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info Matt, I guess all my luck is bad!!!!!
The company I'm talking to is Millennium Lasers in Neath so I will see what price we are looking at.
Chris