PDA

View Full Version : Another DW735 sprocket bites the dust!

Richard Ferment
05-18-2005, 7:37 PM
I was planeing some stock on Sunday for a corner cabinet. I had about 1/16"to go when I heard a thunk! The infeed and outfeed rollers stoped dead. I took the cover off the gear box on the left side of the machiene. The drive sprocket fell out in two pieces. O.K. stay calm no big deal. Get on the Net. WWW.dewalt.com Order part no. 5140010-81 at $2.66 ea.Shiping costs more than the part. When it arrives all it takes is 5min a pair of split ring pliers and your good to go. I love the planer would buy another in a heartbeat. If anybody doesnt want to buy this planer just because of this trait it seems to have, Dont let this scare you off. I have had the planer about 2years,since that time I've been told the problem has been corected.There is no reason to spend time & money takeing it to a service center when it's so easy to DIY. If I can do it anybody can. Just my story.
I am in no way conected to DeWalt

Byron Trantham
05-18-2005, 8:36 PM
I was planeing some stock on Sunday for a corner cabinet. I had about 1/16"to go when I heard a thunk! The infeed and outfeed rollers stoped dead. I took the cover off the gear box on the left side of the machiene. The drive sprocket fell out in two pieces. O.K. stay calm no big deal. Get on the Net. WWW.dewalt.com Order part no. 5140010-81 at $2.66 ea.Shiping costs more than the part. When it arrives all it takes is 5min a pair of split ring pliers and your good to go. I love the planer would buy another in a heartbeat. If anybody doesnt want to buy this planer just because of this trait it seems to have, Dont let this scare you off. I have had the planer about 2years,since that time I've been told the problem has been corected.There is no reason to spend time & money takeing it to a service center when it's so easy to DIY. If I can do it anybody can. Just my story.
I am in no way conected to DeWalt

I have the 735 and love it too. I would have ordered two them [sprockets] at that price! :rolleyes:

John Miliunas
05-18-2005, 8:44 PM
Thanks for the great head up, Richard! A lot of 735 owners out here. Hmmm...almost makes a guy want to order a couple, just "in case"!:) :cool:

Craig Zettle
05-18-2005, 8:44 PM
You know, I have been mildly worried about the DW735 problems Richard described in his post, but after reading about his easy (and cheap) fix, I feel better about it now. Thanks for the heads up.