PDA

View Full Version : Cnc portable concrete printer or engraveacretes "KaleidoCrete" tool set?

Alex Rendon
05-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Im in the market for a portable concrete engraver. Has anyone ever heard of engraveacrete.com? They have several engraving options tools, "KaleidoCrete" being the most economical choice consisting of three engravers for 2k. Then I ran into concreteprinter.com that uses their cnc machine to print on a 24" by 36" area that can also do tilling for 6k. Has anyone had any experience with these tools? I'll be staining concrete and engraving mostly driveways, sidewalks, porch and patios. Any intake or advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Joe Hillmann
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
My neighbors had someone make there front entry way look like cobble stone. The guy who did it used a system that looked a lot like the KaleidoCrete system and epoxy to fill the carved holes with color. It really stood out when it was first done and it looks like it is still holding up great after 4 or 5 years.

Have you priced the stencils for the KaleidoCrete system? An average stencil looks like it costs about $300. Is that an extra price your customers will be willing to pay for a custom design?

I would assume that the kaleidocrete system would allow you do get sharper images because you can get way into corners whereas the concrete printer has a round cutter so every corner and point will be rounded.