PDA

View Full Version : Question for Delta 18/36 Drum Sander Owners

Raymond Fries
05-28-2013, 4:53 PM
Have any of you purchased the pneumatic sanding drum accessory?
Do you like it?
Does it perform well?

Thinking about adding one but it is about $200 for all of the parts. Not looked at the price of the not sleeves yet.

Thanks

Roger Rayburn
05-29-2013, 1:04 AM
Have not heard of it, what is it? Do you have a link?

Jim Falsetti
05-29-2013, 7:23 AM
Raymond - I bought my 18/36 used and the sleeve came with the machine. I have used it and it works fine. Jim

Chris Padilla
05-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Well I'm curious...what is it? I don't think I've ever heard of it. I picked up my 18/36 used as well...did I miss something?

Raymond Fries
05-29-2013, 4:44 PM
There is a bolt on arbor that connects to the shaft that protrudes from the top pulley. Then there is a pneumatic 3" or 4" drum that connects to the arbor which accepts abrasive sanding sleeves. It was offered in a booklet that came with mine. I also got mine used but all of the documentation was included. YAY...

Ryan Baker
06-05-2013, 10:55 PM
I was looking at them a little while ago. Good luck finding the parts. I found lots of places that listed the parts, but none that could actually deliver. You have to go to the used market now. There are pneumatic drums out there that will work just fine. The trick is to find a suitable mandrel that will attach to the sander shaft. (It would be easy to make if you have access to a metal lathe.)