PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level Laser Engraving Machines

Douglas Halpin
05-28-2013, 8:52 AM
Have just joined the forum.
I am looking for some help, which is a good entry level machine?
I am looking to reverse engrave 8mm thick clear acrylic, the size is 300mm long by 200mm high.
Hoping some of you guys can point me in the right direction.

Douglas

Mike Null
05-28-2013, 9:20 AM
Doug

welcome to SMC. Your question can be answered in too many ways to count. May I suggest you read some of the old threads on the subject then maybe you can shed some more light on the issue. Right now just about all of the machines will do what you want.

Clark Pace
05-28-2013, 3:39 PM
Entry level USA or Entry level China? Are you talking $3000 and under. If you are doing small object, and not large images. Say smaller than 2" x 2". The hobby laser from china has worked well for me. With a few modifications. It also does fine for vector cutting with sizes up to 12" x 8". I use newly draw. I just received my redsail x700. And that costs $2000 + shipping customs can add to over a grand for the USA. I'll let you know how I like that.

I lived with my basic ebay laser for about a year. I've done some videos on you tube about that ebay laser. I'm going to do the same with the x700. Let me know if you have any questions about the little ebay laser. I'll try to answer what I can.

Lucy Lee
05-28-2013, 9:19 PM
@Douglas Halpin,
for 8mm acrylic, usally Chinese laser machine 60w can do this ad the weoking area 300*200,then the desk top laser machine 500*300 will be suitbale ,what is your opinion?

Best Regards
Lucy

Have just joined the forum.
I am looking for some help, which is a good entry level machine?
I am looking to reverse engrave 8mm thick clear acrylic, the size is 300mm long by 200mm high.
Hoping some of you guys can point me in the right direction.

Douglas