PDA

View Full Version : Peeling green laser tape

Steve Busey
05-27-2013, 5:46 PM
Anybody have any hints on how to easily separate & peel the protective plastic of the green tape. It's never given me as much grief as it is today... :(

Jim Reinhard
05-27-2013, 6:01 PM
I used to have a tough time with it untill I figured it out .Make sure you clean the glass well first.Stick it and rub the edge down so it is stuck good.then take an exacto knife and scrape it on a 90 degree angle from the glass over the tape quickly when it hits the edge it will pop loose .Also it works better when its colder .

Ruben Salcedo
05-27-2013, 6:10 PM
Plastic razor blades works good, you won't scratch the glass or whatever.

Ruben

Steve Busey
05-27-2013, 6:40 PM
Thanks guys, I don't have the plastic razor blades, but I can make it catch with my pocket knife blade. I'm even zapping the inside of the wine glass with a can of compressed air to cool off the designated peeling corner.

Martin Boekers
05-28-2013, 5:42 PM
You can use Rowmark plastic, that's what I used before Dee shared Plastic Razor blades.

Also there is a product out there many frame makers use called "Unstik

www.amazon.com/Seal-Unstik-Adhesive-Solvent-32oz/dp/B001ICN5IS (http://www.amazon.com/Seal-Unstik-Adhesive-Solvent-32oz/dp/B001ICN5IS)

It seems a bit expensive, but this is the only product I am aware of the
works like this without damaging the substrate. This can will last a longggggggg time. :)