PDA

View Full Version : You know your getting old when.....

Donnie Raines
05-18-2005, 4:32 PM
....when you receive your 10 year class reunion notice(high school) in the mail......... :D :D :cool: :rolleyes:

...seems like only yesterday frankly. Times flies when your have'n fun... :cool:

Scott Loven
05-18-2005, 4:37 PM
I wish I was that "old", then I would be 21 years younger!
Scott

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2005, 4:48 PM
the fast moving thing on your body is your receding hairline.......DAMHIKT :D

Richard Gillespie
05-18-2005, 5:03 PM
I remember when I got my 10 year notice, I didn't go because I wasn't happy with where I was at in my life. Went to the 20 year reunion and only recognized 3 or 4 people.

Just to let you know, I just received my 40 year reunion notice (actually 41 years, they are combining three classes together in one reunion) and I don't know what happened to the time. Just when it happened that I became a senior citizen is a mystery to me. My first clue was when the young lady at the movie theater gave me the senior discount without me asking.

The one thing I have noticed is at 18 I had a narrow waist and a broad mind. When they switched I don't remember. "CRS" is a good excuse.

Chris Damm
05-18-2005, 5:39 PM
I remember getting my 10 year reunion notice- 30 years ago! Heck my oldest son just got his 20th!

Dennis Peacock
05-18-2005, 5:41 PM
10 year class reunion? Man.!!! That was over 20 years ago for me.! :rolleyes: ;)

I don't know what to think about all you young "whipper-snappers". ;) :D

Tim Morton
05-18-2005, 5:47 PM
Graduated in 1979...is there a way to "BLOCK" donnie as a user?:D:D

John Hart
05-18-2005, 6:02 PM
Never been to a reunion. #30 is next year. Probably won't go to that one either. (always lookin' forward!!!):)

Jim Stastny
05-18-2005, 6:03 PM
I graduated in 1967, I think that may mean I did my ten year reunion before Donnie was born.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2005, 6:14 PM
Jim........'67 was a good year! I attended my 30th and don't know if I'll go to another......

Bruce Page
05-18-2005, 6:41 PM
Yer still a pup, I'll be getting my 40th in 3 more years! :eek:

Jim Becker
05-18-2005, 6:45 PM
10?????? LOL! That was a long time ago! I'm a 1975 HS graduate which means I have number 30 this year, assuming someone plans for one! Donnie, you're such a young one.... ;)

Michael Stafford
05-18-2005, 7:12 PM
10 year reunion.... You got to be kidding me. :eek:

My 40th is coming up soon. I feel so old. I have socks older than Donnie... :o

I second the motion, ban anybody getting ready to celebrate their 10th. That is not right.... ;)

Keith Hall
05-18-2005, 7:26 PM
We had our 50 year bash last May. I had a full plate that weekend and did not attend. However, my buddy sent me the pictures. My only question was," Who are all those people?" I didn't recognize a single one of them. Most of them were fat and gray headed. If I wanted to see that, I would look in the mirror and not have to drive eight hundred miles. :D :D :D

Ron Jones near Indy
05-18-2005, 8:26 PM
I went to my 40th last summer. I couldn't believe how old those people looked! ;)

Karl Laustrup
05-18-2005, 9:39 PM
HA! HA! HA! HA! Ten year reunion. :rolleyes: :) :D

40 years this year. Where has the time gone? I won't be going as I graduated from Long Beach, CA and I need to save for a couple of years to afford the gas money. :(

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
05-18-2005, 9:57 PM
Jeez. I graduated in 1938 before many of your fathers were born. I did get a notice of the 60th, but I think they have pulled the plug on them now.

Jeff Sudmeier
05-18-2005, 10:04 PM
I graduated in 1999 :) I should have gotten my 5 year reunion notice last year, but our class is so screwed up that the commitee fought too much to set it up :)

Aww well, I probably wouldn't have went anyway :)

Erin Raasch
05-18-2005, 10:48 PM
My 30th was 2 years ago. I didn't go. After my 20 yr I decided that would be my last. Why would I want to hang around with all those old people? :D

Erin

Norman Hitt
05-19-2005, 3:26 AM
Jeez. I graduated in 1938 before many of your fathers were born. I did get a notice of the 60th, but I think they have pulled the plug on them now.

Hey, '38 was a Good Year, Don, I came to life that year. :D :D Looks like I'll be getting my 50 th Invite in two more years. I think my class must be getting nervous, 'cause they have started having them every "5" years now. :D

Funny thing is, that when I was a Kid, and they introduced the 25 year reunion attendees at a "Play" we always put on for them, we thought those folks were Older than God then, :) and I don't even remember them having a reunion after their 25 th.

Bill Lewis
05-19-2005, 7:53 AM
10 year reunion!? I thought I was one of the young ones! Class of '79 for me. HeyTim, that makes two of us!

Martin Shupe
05-19-2005, 8:07 AM
Graduated in 1979...is there a way to "BLOCK" donnie as a user?:D:D

I am a member of the proud class of 79 as well...

Donnie, quit whining, you are just a young pup. :D You can whine again in 20 years, when you are staring your 30th reunion in the face. :eek:

It's funny, I hardly keep in touch with any high school friends anymore. My real friends are from Forestry School, the Philmont Staff Association, and my various squadrons in the Navy.

Live life to its fullest. Enjoy your youth. One day you wake up and you are 44 and your eyesight is starting to turn on you. :(

Martin Shupe
05-19-2005, 8:07 AM
10 year reunion!? I thought I was one of the young ones! Class of '79 for me. HeyTim, that makes two of us!

Make that 3, Bill, see above.

Martin Shupe
05-19-2005, 8:10 AM
I graduated in 1999 :) I should have gotten my 5 year reunion notice last year, but our class is so screwed up that the commitee fought too much to set it up :)

Aww well, I probably wouldn't have went anyway :)

I think Jeff gets the youngest woodworker award in this crowd, and Don H. gets the oldest. You are both valued participants to this forum in my book.

Donnie Raines
05-19-2005, 8:28 AM
I figured you gents would get a good chuckle out of this post.

The funy thing is, earlier this year I started working out...simply because I needed to. That was something I had always done until a few years back. When I got the reunion notice, my wife says to me," now I no why your working out!!!"...... :D :cool:

Truth be told, that had nothing to do with it...but I told her," perfect timeing huh??"......needless to say that humor did not go over well in the Raines household..... :rolleyes: :D

Jim Becker
05-19-2005, 8:44 AM
I know some folks don't particularly enjoy their reunions, but I have to say that attending them, especially the last couple, has allowed me to re-connect with a few folks from my high-school days. Both Dr. SWMBO and I have enjoyed those "new" relationships. It's only a few people, but it's wonderful to have them as friends again. Of course...it's sometimes strange in that many of my classmates are grandparents and I'm not quite a parent yet! Go figure...

Donnie Raines
05-19-2005, 8:49 AM
I have remained in contact with a few of my buddies from school. We share a buisness relationship as well...ones a lawyer, ones an accountant and the other owns a indoor golf facilty....all three are my client's....go figure.

I am looking forward to it. I was the class clown both my junior and senior years, so I suspect it will be expected of me to make a fool of myself... :D

.....though my wife has warn me about that too.... :rolleyes: :cool:

Kevin Beck
05-19-2005, 9:34 AM
I graduated in 1980 so we should be having our 25th this year. We haven't had a reunion since 15 and I helped organize that one. We have a hard time getting people to show up and had less than 50 in our class.

Kevin

Ray Bersch
05-19-2005, 12:02 PM
...when you bend down to the shop floor to pick up a dropped screw and look around for something else to do while you are down there - or when you forget what you got down there for.....or when you forget what the screw was for in the first place...........

That's when you know your getting old...........

Jim Becker
05-19-2005, 1:11 PM
...when you bend down to the shop floor to pick up a dropped screw and look around for something else to do while you are down there - or when you forget what you got down there for.....or when you forget what the screw was for in the first place............

Screw? What screw?

Jeff Sudmeier
05-19-2005, 1:40 PM
I think Jeff gets the youngest woodworker award in this crowd, and Don H. gets the oldest. You are both valued participants to this forum in my book.

Why Thank you Martin!

I may be the youngest in this post, but I am no longer the youngest on the board. I am actually suprised at the number of members that are near my age on this board. It is good to see a big spread of ages are woodworking. Keeping the craft alive!