PDA

View Full Version : Help Bigger Tiled Piece's Corel Draw 6x

Jesse Anderson
05-27-2013, 12:29 AM
Hello Saw Mill Creek Members.

"""I have attached a Crude drawing of what i means so people can get a better idea of what i am talking about"

I have been doing Laser engraving for 6-7 Months. I just recently took on a charity project for the Local Fire Department. I am suppose to engrave a sign that is bigger that what fits in my Laser... They were nice enough to cut it into sections so the pieces would fit in a 24"x12" area.

My questions is.....

I will be engraving a long word on 2 sections of painted pieces of Oak that is 1/4 thick... One of the Letters in the word has to be Cut in half with Corel Draw so one half of the letter is on one side of the board and the other half is on the opposite side, So that when u put the boards together the letters line up perfectly.... How do i cut a letter of a font into 2 sections ? Secondly.. are there also any advice some one can give me on setting 2 pages up in corel draw so i can have my work all lined up perfectly.. That way i just put each piece in my Epilog and know that they are in the exact location that i intend them to be...

Side Dote: I am pretty experienced at getting all my engravings in the exact position when i do engravings.. But if any one has any suggestions for doing oddly shaped objects i will appreciate it.. Any advice on this would help out allot... I am more concerned with how to divide a letter of a font in half the right way...

I would greatly appreciate any advice at all... Saw Mill Creek has been a resource that is more valuable than any manual or tutorial i have ever came across.... I will certainly be making a donation to SMC shortly in the future....

Thank you Everyone for your Help and support as i learn through trial and error.

walter hofmann
05-27-2013, 5:46 AM
hi jesse
first it looks to me that if you do the split why dont you take the full "T" to the right side then it would be the same on both sides.
second if I have projects who dont fit my laser I use the mural tile option in coreldraw, take the full picture or sign in corel in the original size, then correct the placing then use the print tile option and evrythings comes out perfect.
here a link to the tutorial about tile printing

greetings
http://mc.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?c=Content_C1&cid=1153321229225&lc=en&pagename=CorelCom%2FLayout
waltfl

Hello Saw Mill Creek Members.

"""I have attached a Crude drawing of what i means so people can get a better idea of what i am talking about"

I have been doing Laser engraving for 6-7 Months. I just recently took on a charity project for the Local Fire Department. I am suppose to engrave a sign that is bigger that what fits in my Laser... They were nice enough to cut it into sections so the pieces would fit in a 24"x12" area.

My questions is.....

I will be engraving a long word on 2 sections of painted pieces of Oak that is 1/4 thick... One of the Letters in the word has to be Cut in half with Corel Draw so one half of the letter is on one side of the board and the other half is on the opposite side, So that when u put the boards together the letters line up perfectly.... How do i cut a letter of a font into 2 sections ? Secondly.. are there also any advice some one can give me on setting 2 pages up in corel draw so i can have my work all lined up perfectly.. That way i just put each piece in my Epilog and know that they are in the exact location that i intend them to be...

Side Dote: I am pretty experienced at getting all my engravings in the exact position when i do engravings.. But if any one has any suggestions for doing oddly shaped objects i will appreciate it.. Any advice on this would help out allot... I am more concerned with how to divide a letter of a font in half the right way...

I would greatly appreciate any advice at all... Saw Mill Creek has been a resource that is more valuable than any manual or tutorial i have ever came across.... I will certainly be making a donation to SMC shortly in the future....

Thank you Everyone for your Help and support as i learn through trial and error.

Jesse Anderson
05-28-2013, 1:42 AM
Walter Hofmann,

The picture i posted was for a visual representation of what i was talking about ""In case some one was confused".... The sign will actually Say Silver City.
I appreciate your advice. When i start the project tomorrow i will let u know how everything turns out...

There is little room for error !! I plan on placing material over the top of my project so i can do a engraving at lower power to see if i have everythingis aligned correctly... Wish me luck.. I will post picture's of the finished product when i am done.. Each time i do a project i learn something new.....

I do not know if it is just me but it seems like with Laser engraving i learn something new allot.

Jesse Anderson
05-28-2013, 5:19 PM
If any one else has any additional information on relating topics i would appreciate it..

I have been focusing allot of my training/learning on allignment.. I would like to learn more about engraving irregular sized pieces.... I would like to be able to engrave things with odd shapes.. Rather than just circles and squares...

Its easy of course to allign a name/logo/saying on a material.... I have been trying to engrave around the edges of oddly shaped objects. Or allign my letters perfectly with the boarder of o object thats shaped like the cayman islands.

Of course after a long time of sitting in corel draw and using rulers and unorthodox ways i can accomplish this.. But if any one has any additional tips and trick i would greatly appreciate it..

It would be nice to be able to have a scanner of some sort.. It scans the outside of the image, find the center. Then gives u the work area in corel draw to work with...

It would be nice if i could have a work area in corel draw that does nto have 4 corners.. I am still learning.. But it just makes me think...

Thank you guys..