PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here a Freemason?

Biff Johnson
05-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Wondering if anyone on the board is a Freemason? I've contemplated joining but I would really like to converse with a few members beforehand. Unfortunately I don't know any Masons (or they aren't admitting to it:))

Greg Cuetara
05-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Biff where are you located? I am not a freemason but I have a few people in the family that are. One of their big slogans is Ask 1 to Be 1.

I would try to find your local lodge and contact them. I am sure they would meet with you, go to lunch or dinner etc. and discuss with you. If you can't find anyone I would be more than glad to put you in touch with my friends and family that are.

Greg

Biff Johnson
05-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Hi Greg,

The closest lodges to me are in the Eugene, Oregon area. I can certainly make the trip in there but I had hoped to just pick the brains of a few members kind of informally. I've done online research but still would like some personal input.

Thanks!

terry mccammon
05-26-2013, 8:25 PM
I am, PM me.

Biff Johnson
05-29-2013, 7:32 PM
I am, PM me.

Thanks for the reply, sent ya' a PM.

Gary Hodgin
05-30-2013, 12:11 AM
I was asked once and strongly considered it but opted out because of some unusual family commitments at the time. I've known several freemasons over the years, some active and some not. I don't think I've ever known one that I would not want to be associated with.

bob svoboda
05-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Just had my 38th Masonic birthday. Would be glad to share.

Bob Rufener
05-31-2013, 5:59 PM
Bill, I have been a Free Mason member for 46 years. I have been active for many of those years but wasn't real active during the time our kids were growing up. It is a good organization and I am proud to be a part of it. If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

terry mccammon
06-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I will celebrate 43 years this June 5th. I was raised on Friday night, got up the next morning and was commissioned a 2nd LT in the Army and graduated from engineering school. Big 24 hours that set the direction of my life.

We should have a Masonic woodworking subgroup.

Biff Johnson
06-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Well I sent one of the local lodges an email at their "Learn More" link about 5 days ago and haven't heard back. I will try the other lodge that was significantly bigger.

Charles McKinley
06-07-2013, 1:59 AM
Hi Biff,

If you can find the contact information of one of the officer of the smaller Lodge and actually call them. Email is still an after thought to many.

It doesn't seem like twenty years has passed.

Gary they have a one day program available now also. Having gone through it the traditional way I don't particularly care for the one day class but the world moves on.

If you look closely at certain avatars you will see sign on the Creek. There is even 2B1ASK1 here somewhere I have seen.