PDA

View Full Version : Grizz OSS anyone?

John Miliunas
05-10-2003, 7:22 PM
Seriously considering the G1071 Oscillating Spindle Sander by Grizzly. This is the BIG sucker with a guzzillion different spindle sizes. Anybody out there have one of these? Likes/dislikes? Strong/weak points? Appreciate any info you can pass along on it. :cool:

Dr. Zack Jennings
05-10-2003, 8:35 PM
I want one. This question has come up before. I always read the replys. I think this is one of the most popular Griz Tools.

Phil Phelps
05-10-2003, 9:31 PM
I have a Boise-Crane that is twice as old as Ken. The worm spindle broke last year and a buddy made me another for $75. I don't know how you could go wrong if it is a machine you really need. Really handy when you need it.

Mike Tubbs
05-11-2003, 6:23 AM
Good morning John,

I have the Grizzly 1071 sander with a gazzillion spindles.
This a great machine, even the fit and finish is remarkably well.
Table top is as shiny as a PM66. Oh yeah, it works really well too.

John Miliunas
05-11-2003, 9:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil Phelps
I have a Boise-Crane that is twice as old as Ken.

Phil, are you sure they even had electricity that long ago?! :D :D (Sorry Ken...Couldn't resist.):D :cool:

That's OK John - they didn't "Ken"

Steven Wilson
05-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Other than having to clean up some burrs from the castings with a file (to get it to aline properly) I've been very satisfied; a very good machine for the money. The only nit I would have is with the closing knob for the rear door (there is a shelf which is usefull for storing the throat inserts), I wish is was a 1/4 twist and close affair instead of a bolt. One of these days I'll get around and change it out. I really, really, really, like the larger spindle - it's very usefull for fairing gentle curves.