PDA

View Full Version : Newing Hall 600

David John Evans
05-26-2013, 7:31 AM
Hi guys I have got my hands on a Newing Hall Apex 600 it looks to have some parts missing. I have done a search on the net for so photos of the unit with not much luck. Is there any one that has one and could send me some photos of it. I'm looking around the spindle end. Thanks David

Mike Null
05-26-2013, 9:42 AM
David

One of the great things about Newing Hall is that every machine they ever built can be restored and updated to todays standards. In my case I spent nearly $11000 to do it but it has been a money maker ever since. And with that re-furb I got a 2 year warranty and free tech support.

I believe the spindles are interchangeable on all machines. Most machines are pneumatically actuated in the z axis but their literature says they offer a stepper option for your machine. For a motorized pneumatic spindle you can get the 11/64, the 1/4" or the collet version.

As soon as I get my camera working I'll send a picture of my spindles.

Mark Sipes
05-26-2013, 12:35 PM
What do you need to know?? HPGL or APEX...... or older joystick

Depth nose adjustment? pressure regulation? http://www.newing-hall.com/images/accessories/spindles/thumbs/2500521.jpg requires a DC motor and 2 belt to drive (turn) the spindle. a 45-60 psi air pump to actuate up and down.

Mike the last time I priced the Stepper Z it ran $2250 and requires 3d software.http://www.newing-hall.com/images/accessories/spindles/thumbs/2500524_3.jpg

Mike Null
05-26-2013, 1:13 PM
Mark

Never checked the price but agree on the software.

David John Evans
05-26-2013, 7:55 PM
Mike and Mark thanks for getting back to me. The main problem is I don't know what is missing between the spindle and the motor. David263133

Mark Sipes
05-26-2013, 9:52 PM
You are missing/looking for a hollow shaft about 24" long that has a U hinge attached to one end and a spring that slides in the hollow shaft to apply tension to the belt when mounted . Assembly fits on the solid shaft which appears to be bent.

here is a very short shaft of the part you are long for.. You will need to call Newing-Hall . com if you need the parts.....

http://www.newing-hall.com/images/accessories/spindles/thumbs/1500880.jpg

www.newing-hall.com (http://www.newing-hall.com/accessories/spindles/#)

Mike Null
05-27-2013, 7:47 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of mine. The solid shaft should be connected to the shaft from the motor. This shaft is hollow and the spring slides inside to provide tension when the solid arm is inserted then the belt is installed on the spindle pulley.

I think you might be able to fabricate this part and find a compression spring at a machine shop supply store. The shaft that is bent (your picture) needs to be straightened and then it fits inside the shaft in my pictures.

If you decide to fabricate this yourself brass tubing should work. The semi circle can also be brass as these are low stress pieces. The semi circle is hinged.

Mark Sipes
05-27-2013, 9:35 AM
Which controller will you be running the system with ? Pictures......

Did you get the software to run the controller?

David John Evans
05-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Just got home from work 11:30pm will take some more photos and post them latter. As for software short answer no. I do have some software that I use for my CNC and Corel draw. Mike I will have a go at making the part this week end as there is a toy shop down the road that sells brass tube. I will take photos of that to. Thanks guys David

Mark Sipes
05-27-2013, 3:07 PM
Thought you could stop by my location until I discovered Perth is in Western Australia......not Washington (WA)

David John Evans
05-28-2013, 2:01 AM
Mark I'm happy to stop buy if you buy the plane ticket:) I did a search on the net and found the drivers for a unit from http://www.newing-hall.com/download.html Needs a good clean this weekend. David

Mike Null
05-28-2013, 6:46 AM
A lot of cleaning! Be sure to spend extra time on the lead screws on the left (y axis) and at the back (x axis). These need to be very clean then lubricated.

There are specific lubricants to use and some not to use. Read the maintenance section of the manual I sent to you before operating the machine.

David John Evans
05-28-2013, 11:37 AM
Thanks Mike will do. David

David John Evans
06-03-2013, 4:41 AM
Not happy the other day I had the spindle drive working and today it didn't want to play. I will do a search for the schematic of the CCA this week to see if I can find out what went wrong. Any ideas. Thanks David

Mike Null
06-03-2013, 7:01 AM
It might help if we could see a picture of your controller. Your issue may be as simple as pressing the "drives" button after you turn the machine on.

David John Evans
06-05-2013, 5:53 AM
Hi Mike I had a go at pressing the drives button but no luck. David

Mike Null
06-05-2013, 7:28 AM
Turn the large red button to the right until it pops out. You can leave this button out all the time.

There is an on-off switch at the upper right rear of the machine. Then the drives switch must be pressed. Set the spindle speed to a low setting and the feed rate at something like 25 until you get used to operating the machine. No need to run the compressor until you have some software to drive the machine.

David John Evans
06-06-2013, 3:36 AM
Mike I have done that. It was working last week but now not so. I have checked the two fuses and had a look and all looks ok. If I find time this week end I will take the CCA and give them a good looking over and test what I can. David

Mike Null
06-06-2013, 7:05 AM
Is there any evidence that the machine is getting power?

David John Evans
06-06-2013, 11:39 PM
Mike there is power it dose it self tests and every time I press a button the red light above the start button lights up. David

David John Evans
06-07-2013, 6:20 AM
I happy so happy so very very happy it works. Mike what programs do you use as I have Aspire 3.5, Mach3 and corel draw. I do have down loaded the drivers so I will give them a go first. David

Mike Null
06-07-2013, 6:27 AM
I use EngravLab which I bought from Newing Hall (it's available elsewhere). There is also the JLS program which I think is proprietary to Newing Hall. I have no idea whether other software will work. I can't recall seeing where anybody else has mentioned using other software.

David John Evans
06-08-2013, 7:33 AM
Thanks Mike I will have to wait until the boss lets me spend more money. Do you have a good supplier for engraver bits? David

Mike Null
06-08-2013, 8:16 AM
I use JDS Industries, Johnson Plastics, Antares and Bruce Diamond. There must be several places in Australia.

Do you have the diamond spindle? If so those are about 1" long inserts and 120 degrees is the best general purpose angle.

David John Evans
06-09-2013, 6:52 AM
Mike there are just a few places in Perth, then main one are a joke I had a run in with them last year and it cost me $500.00 so I don't want to use them. Most places in Australia rip you of and it is cheaper to but OS so I will have a look around. Thanks David

Dylan ritterbeck
10-01-2022, 6:14 PM
Hey Mike i added you as a friend and wanted to see if you could answer a few questions about Newing hall engravers

Dylan ritterbeck
10-01-2022, 6:26 PM
Anyone have tips on making the dynamat table level on the newing hall 350 with apex hpgl 1 controller with powerbase

Mike Null
10-06-2022, 1:46 PM
Dylan
I sent a couple of things your way yesterday.

Mark Sipes
11-10-2022, 4:37 PM
Anyone have tips on making the dynamat table level on the newing hall 350 with apex hpgl 1 controller with powerbase

I assume you do not want to use a nose on your rotary spindle...

I use a dial indicator to level my table by placing strips of tape on the channel that holds the table plate in place

The indicator slides into the diamond spindle holder.

Mark Sipes
11-13-2023, 3:17 PM
Dylan....... Been over a year since a post. Hope you have mastered the HP350 by now. Did you get the spindle and belt tension rods fixed. Leveling of Dyna Grip table or nose vacuum. and of course a source for supplies and bits.