PDA

View Full Version : Table saw gloat

Effie Lever
05-18-2005, 1:41 PM
As some of you know my Craftsman 22124 arrived damaged. I received a replacement last week and finished the setup during the weekend. The manual is not bad but it does not help with some of the adjustments necessary. For example, both wings were not level with the table when installed, I used the masking tape trick I found in another manual (Grizzly I think) to level it out.
The blade insert is warped and the wood extension wing is not flat, I値l have the insert replaced.
Overall I知 happy with the purchase. It passes the nickel test easily, even before I installed the extensions and the fence (not at full weight).
The fence is great, I used Biesemeyer before and it always amazes me how simple it is.
I知 using HTC2000 mobile base for it (got it new in the box in a garage sale).
This is not a Unisaw or a General but you will not know it when you値l look at my projects.
The pictures:
1. In my messy garage
2. Stripped and moved to the basement shop.
3. Installed and ready to go.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2005, 1:49 PM
Effie....I'm hope it serves you well! Nice gloat!

Ted Shrader
05-18-2005, 1:49 PM
Effie -

Congratulations on your new acquisition! You will able to produce some good things with that.

Ted

Jeff Sudmeier
05-18-2005, 1:55 PM
Effie,

Nice gloat! I have been watching for this saw to go on "Super Sale" again. If it does, I am all over it! :)

Tom Hurlebaus
05-18-2005, 4:41 PM
Effie,

I'm glad everything worked out after the original mishap ....

I have to asked ... what's the masking tape trick ?

Tom in Milwaukee

Todd Davidson
05-18-2005, 4:44 PM
Congrats! I think these saws will prove worthy.

Brian Hale
05-18-2005, 5:08 PM
I keep hearing good stuff about that saw and i'm sure it'll serve you well for many years to come. It's good that Sears made good on the shipping damage!!

Brian

Jim Stastny
05-18-2005, 5:13 PM
Excellent! I'm glad someone else has a garage as messy as mine. Enjoy the new saw, I hear good things about it.

Effie Lever
05-18-2005, 5:52 PM
Tom, the text below if from the Grizzly 1023S table saw manual. It痴 self explanatory even without the drawings. Worked great for me, one layer of masking tape was exactly what I needed

If the extension wings tilt up or down at the
outside edges, remove the wings and shim
them with masking tape as shown in Figure
A) If a wing tilts down, stick layers of masking
tape along the bottom edge of the
table and retighten.<O:p</O:p
B) If a wing tilts up, stick layers of masking<O:p</O:p
tape along the top edge of the wing and<O:p</O:p
retighten. Allow the tape to extend above<O:p</O:p
table surface and trim the extended tape<O:p</O:p
with a sharp knife after final assembly

aurelio alarcon
05-19-2005, 2:46 AM
Sweeeet! Congratulations!

Jim Knauss
05-19-2005, 5:40 AM
Congrats Effie,
Ive had my 22124 since Febuary and love it. It has done all Ive asked of it. Im sure there are better saws out there, but I think its the best bang for the buck in its price range. I even have been using the stock miter guage in stead of my Incra 1000se. Just as acurate once its set. The only problem with mine out of the box was the laminate extension wing. The wood they used had knots, BIG knots, so it warped. Fixed it myself with new wood.

Enjoy your saw,
Jim Knauss