PDA

View Full Version : 3m saftey walk

Jim Reinhard
05-25-2013, 4:30 PM
Anyone cut 3m saftey walk.I have a roll thats about 10" wide and somone wants me to cut them some designs in it.If so what settings would be good.Thanks Jim

Rich Harman
05-25-2013, 8:27 PM
Here's the MSDS for Safety Walk;

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=SSSSSuUn_zu8l00x4Y_U5Y_GNv70k 17zHvu9lxtD7SSSSSS--

Greg Bednar
05-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Anyone cut 3m saftey walk.I have a roll thats about 10" wide and somone wants me to cut them some designs in it.If so what settings would be good.Thanks Jim I use it all the time for your same purpose. A few words of caution, vector cut it with the abrasive side facing away from the laser beam. Cut it with the adhesive side up/facing you. On my Epilog 40W, I cut it with 50% speed, 100% power, and Frequency of 3360.

Jim Reinhard
05-26-2013, 1:02 PM
Thanks for the replies.msds dosent seem to say anything about it being bad to cut.Why cut it with the rough side down?It is a rbber like material on top.
thanks

Greg Bednar
05-26-2013, 3:12 PM
Thanks for the replies.msds dosent seem to say anything about it being bad to cut.Why cut it with the rough side down?It is a rbber like material on top. thanks Some of the "proprietary" abrasive lights up like a sparkler and you increase the chances of getting some of the "stuff" on your lense.

Jim Reinhard
05-26-2013, 8:34 PM
Some of the "proprietary" abrasive lights up like a sparkler and you increase the chances of getting some of the "stuff" on your lense.

I did cut some today.2 passes with low power .I tryed in one pass but it melted the edge to much .The design is a bit complicated and the client would like it to stay on the carier sheet and I had to cut it topside and weed it .I am using a $32 ebay lens to cut it so not much worry if it gets stuff on it i suppose.