PDA

View Full Version : I think there should be a great big " stickey" on all main laser forum pages.

Dan Hammerstron
05-25-2013, 9:50 AM
chinese machinery have "NO WARRANTY" there "guarantee" is useless (they require proof that parts are defective and ask for its return) by doing this the cost of return "shipping back" cost more than buying new part,from most countries in north america.

I am down 2 laser tubes, the original failed with 16 hours on machine and the cheap one I bought from SDZlaser lasted less than 6 minutes...and they want the tubes back to honour warranty, ive pleaded to them "why not just the no# metal parts" nope need all tube, Ive told them the cost of return makes it cheaper to buy a new tube, yes we know..end of story.

Rodne Gold
05-25-2013, 10:52 AM
One would imagine thats true of most items , to effect a warrantee claim one has to return the broken part..and high return cost is a risk you take if you buy an item from an international seller far from you without a local agent.

As to the tube failure , most countries have guys who stock laser tubes locally , I'm sure Canada does , buy a replacement from them.

Dan Hammerstron
05-25-2013, 11:16 AM
First off, i'm not new to lasers..have had one and sometimes two since 1998. I also have cnc's and other machinery.
and in my post up above you will read that I begged them to reduce thier terms on return to tube ends and lables for proof to no avail, I contacted a Gov. dept. for trade and to make a long story short ended up with the name of trade lawyer in china.
His advice get a written agreement at purchase for your warranty needs, He said he advises resellers to get a written contract for this purpose.
So why can't we make folks like me, one timers know about this upfront, make them aware on places folks go to get info that its possible.? thanks....Dan

http://chinasourcinginfo.org/endorsed-service-provider

Rodne Gold
05-25-2013, 12:56 PM
You have an EFR 150w tube from your prior posts , here are the warranty terms I got from their site
1. Within 180 days from exit work date, if the user operates same as our manual and the output power is less than 80% of the rated power, we will provide new one instead of the defected one. The replaced laser tube has same new laser tube warranty. The single transportation freight will be afforded by buyer. When the laser tube structure is damaged changed, we will not be responsible.
2. From 180 days to 300 days, if the user operates same as our manual and the output power is less than 80% of the rated power, we will repair or provide new one instead of the defected one
according to fact. The single transportation freight will be afforded by buyer. When the laser tube structure is damaged changed, we will not be responsible.
The replaced laser tube warranty is 120 days.

The same terms , apart from the warranty time period are for their F series and their ZN series.. I would imagine the single transportation freight charge applys to you returning the tube.

Dan Hammerstron
05-25-2013, 1:38 PM
Yes Rodney, I have started with the company that assembled the laser and progressed to EFR direct and they will honour the warranty..no problem... but they want the whole undamaged tube returned to them prepaid and packaged as they recommend.

The cost from here and just about anywhere in North America by: Fedex, DHL, UPS or any other carrier is more than the price of a replacement tube with DHL cost from china.
They EFR and RECI and other tube makers do offer warranty replacement to dealers, 100's of assemblers in china and abroad they only have to return pictures of before and after on tubes broken with identifying labels and metal parts.

I am not doing this for me now, I have now learned what I need to do "a little late" and way to trusting but I am armed with enough that I won't be burned again.

Rich Harman
05-25-2013, 4:22 PM
chinese machinery have "NO WARRANTY" there "guarantee" is useless

I don't think this is a fair statement. There are a lot of laser companies in China and they do not all have the same requirements. I believe another forum member from Canada has had to make a claim on a broken tube - he did not need to send the tube back.

Dan Hammerstron
05-25-2013, 4:51 PM
Again, I will say..if the tube in your machine goes in the time limits of thier stated warranty and if they require you to send the tube back to get the warranty..(then the warranty is useless) because you can purchase a new tube from them for less.

If thats not a fair statement, what is?

matthew knott
05-25-2013, 6:15 PM
I would say unfair too! We have ordered parts from china that have gone faulty, they have us their ups account to ship the parts back fixed them and returned at their cost so it's not 'Chinese' machines just some company's. it's pretty common to return parts for warranty and it's not their fault it costs more than the cost of the replacement part to ship it. Maybe a cheap sea freight option could be found !

Khalid Nazim
05-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Dan,

I am sure that you have had a nightmare of a situation to deal with and I would not want to be in your shoes. However, my experience with Shenhui tech support and warranty has been excellent. I had a main board problem and they sent me replacement at their own cost via DHL/TNT and I got it in 4 days. I never had to send the faulty main board back.

My comments would not really help you in your situation but I feel that you cannot generalize that ALL Chinese machinery has no warranty.

Regards
KN

Dan Hammerstron
05-26-2013, 10:06 PM
You are correct, and I didn't mean to "generalize" but in all my pre-buy looking I never come across any info or comments about the cost of returning tubes or that "some" companies that assemble lasers had this policy.

I would just like to somehow "warn" others looking at purchasing a Laser from china to ask up front about returns on tubes and power supplies, I have recieved info from 3 Laser manufacturers now that they only require Pictures and in some cases identifying parts returned, which is very reasonable. thanks all Dan Hammerstron