PDA

View Full Version : Importing pics to CorelDRAW 12

Bob Kline
05-22-2013, 12:20 PM
I have CorelDraw 12 and Windows XP. When I try to import a pic (JPG, TIFF, etc. it doesn't matter) it is usually grayed out so it won't import. Sometimes I can open it in Paint then copy and paste it into the CorelDraw file. It's very hit and miss. Can anyone explain what's happening?
Thanks

AL Ursich
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Interesting... I use 12 and XP and do it all the time.... Right Click, Inport... I have even done large files and it worked... just took longer...

I saw a problem like this years ago and the suggestion was to reset Corel to it's defaults... That fixed the person's problem..

I do edit pictures in Corel Photo Paint 5 or 12 or even crop in the AOL photo program too...

Another option is to open the picture in Corel Photo and save as a PNG or one of the Corel Formats... But I do jpg images all the time.

And one last thought... Are you using Layers? Trying to insert something into a layer that has change inhibited?

AL

Mike Null
05-22-2013, 1:20 PM
Bob

Is it possible that you haven't opened a page to import into? That has to be done first.

Martin Boekers
05-22-2013, 2:00 PM
I have issues sometimes, opening CDR, or importing I found that often it I open a page and "drag and drop" that works, not sure why?

Scott Shepherd
05-22-2013, 2:21 PM
I seem to recall that issue being related to something not being installed in Corel. Some additional program that's on the install disc. Do a re-install and make sure all the other components are installed. I know if you don't install Photopaint or one of the other ones, it grays out some things in CorelDraw.

Wes Mitchell
05-22-2013, 2:32 PM
You can try holding down the F8 key while opening Corel. Keep in mind that it erases any defaults you have set. Every now and then we have an error that pops up that doing this will clear.