PDA

View Full Version : First gloat, even a picture

Bobby Hicks
05-18-2005, 7:52 AM
Hi Creekers,

:D Here's my first chance for a tool gloat (at least to me). I've had this jointer for a couple of months now. Due to family "stuff" assembly has been put off. Over the past couple of nights I've been getting it together.

It's the Craftsman Professional 6-1/8" #21706. Setup was pretty easy. The fence seems to be square to the table out of the box. Got a free set of replacement blades. I still have a few things to do yet before I put it to use.

I got lots of tips here about cleaning off all the cosmolene. Boy was that stuff all over.

If you look close, behind the jointer is a stealth gloat.

I'm starting to convert our garage into a woodworking shop. I've been planning and talking about it for months now. I'm finally on the way.

Thanks for all the great information here on the Creek.

lou sansone
05-18-2005, 7:54 AM
congratualtions on your first tool post. best wishes for your new shop

lou

Frank Pellow
05-18-2005, 7:58 AM
Congratulations, and I hope that this is the first of many tool gloats for you.

Please keep us posted on the garage to workshop conversion.

Kelly C. Hanna
05-18-2005, 8:10 AM
The box behind the jointer looks like the box my bandsaw came in....or were you talking about the wood I see to the right?

Great gloat and that should be a very good jointer for you!

Jeff Sudmeier
05-18-2005, 8:25 AM
Congrats on the new jointer! I was looking at that jointer as well for some time. It seems to be a well made machine!

Bobby Hicks
05-18-2005, 9:39 AM
The stealth gloat is a new table saw. It's one of the new Craftsman cabinet saw #22124. Next on the assembly list.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2005, 9:45 AM
Congrats on the new jointer and t/s! I was a little concerned at first you were gloating the ladder to the right rear of the jointer.... :D

Kelly C. Hanna
05-18-2005, 9:56 AM
The stealth gloat is a new table saw. It's one of the new Craftsman cabinet saw #22124. Next on the assembly list.

Cool...a double gloat!!!

Bart Leetch
05-18-2005, 9:59 AM
I'll see you for 1 & raise you for 2 gloats in one. But we'll let you go past go & collect 200 anyway. :D Startin to look like fun. :D :D :D Don't ask me 200 of what? :eek: :D

Ted Shrader
05-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Bobby -

Congratulations on the jointer gloat. It will make life in the shop a lot easier. When are you going to set up the saw? Pictures and a gloat with it, too. Right?

Ted

Todd Davidson
05-18-2005, 4:52 PM
Congrats! I think the jointer is also made by Orion. Am eager to hear how it performs.

Brian Hale
05-18-2005, 5:01 PM
Congrats!!!!!! Man, a TS and a Jointer AND a place to put them! Whats next????

Don't ya just love the smell of new machines in the shop....

Keep us posted on the shop and let us know how those new machines work!

Brian

Cliff Newton
05-18-2005, 6:01 PM
That sure is a purty jointer.

Tim Morton
05-18-2005, 6:55 PM
Nice 1-2 punch on the gloats....that looks like a nice shine to the jointer. Congrats and will be looking forward to the TS and then the planer...and then bandsaw....:D!! I find woodworking to be a nice escape from the "family stuff" when needed...I have had lots of hobbies, but this one seems to be the only one that I can completely escape everything but what I'm working on if even just for a little while...then you come back with a new perspective and the "stuff' seems easier to manage.

scott spencer
05-18-2005, 8:55 PM
Congrats Bobby....the jointer looks nice and shiny! I just assembled my 22124 last week and I'm pretty happy with it. Good luck with yours.

aurelio alarcon
05-19-2005, 2:40 AM
Outstanding! I have that jointer as well but have yet to set it up. I am trying to finish a small shop re-do. When the shop is finished, I will set mine up. Have you thought about a movable base for it yet? If you do, let me know which one.

Bobby Hicks
05-19-2005, 9:04 AM
Have you thought about a movable base for it yet? If you do, let me know which one.

Aurelio,

Yes it has a mobile base :eek:. The last Craftsman Club book had a mobility kit for the 22124 saw for 50% off with purchase of the saw (Craftsman Mobility Kit Sears item #00922103000 Mfr. model #OR35980). The clerk said they only listed one in stock on the computer and probably really didn't have it. So, they offered me a rain check, I asked if they would make it for two ;). They said sure. After I got the rain check I walked around the store and found the one they had :p took it to the counter and bought it 50% off.

:cool: I still have the rain check for two more waiting for them to come in. One will go under the new saw the other may go to a buddy.

aurelio alarcon
05-19-2005, 4:31 PM
Thanks for the info Bobby. But I was referring to the jointer.

Bobby Hicks
05-19-2005, 4:38 PM
Thanks for the info Bobby. But I was referring to the jointer.

Aurelio,

I was too. The mobility kit is compatible with the jointer and the saw. So, both the saw and the joint of mine will have the same shoes :). Instead of screwing in the rubber feet into the base you attach the wheels via the same screw holes.

Corey Hallagan
05-19-2005, 5:10 PM
Nice, a double gloat! Great equipment, enjoy!
Corey

aurelio alarcon
05-19-2005, 8:35 PM
Aurelio,

I was too. The mobility kit is compatible with the jointer and the saw. So, both the saw and the joint of mine will have the same shoes :). Instead of screwing in the rubber feet into the base you attach the wheels via the same screw holes.
thanks for clearing that up.