PDA

View Full Version : Speedy 400 arrived and installed.

Chuck Jarrett
05-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Monday our new Speedy 400 arrived. Yesterday Craig Abramson (Northern California Trotec Rep) came up and installed the unit, along with some training. We had to detach at the base, and turn the laser sideways to fit through our doorways, and then reverse the procedure to put it all back together once inside the room. The whole procedure went extremely well, and we were thankful for Craig's expertise. Now we have a whole lot of learning to do, but have already made some sample pieces. I can see getting the best speed and power parameters down will take some time.

Scott Shepherd
05-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Congratulations on the 400 Chuck. That machine is a monster. Speed and power settings will certainly take some time. What wattage did you get?

I hope it serves you well. Was this your first laser, or are you upgrading or replacing another model?

Chuck Jarrett
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Scott, This is our first laser. We got an 80 watt machine, with the pass-thru option. We have had a CNC router for a number of years and think the laser will be a good compliment to some of the things we do, as well as some new ideas, or ones that have been in the waiting. We shall see, but we are excited about the possibilities that the laser will add to our business.

Keith Outten
05-22-2013, 1:01 PM
Chuck,

Welcome to our growing Trotec family!

Congratulations on the new machine, you will soon wonder what you ever did without it :)

Mike Null
05-22-2013, 1:16 PM
Chuck

Congratulations! I'll be seeing the new stuff at the Indy show next week but unless a winning lottery ticket finds its way into my pocket I'll just be a tire kicker.

Jiten Patel
05-22-2013, 1:46 PM
Nice one Chuck! Look forward to seeing what you conjure up with the 400. We are still waiting for our 400 to arrive. Cannot wait!